AVIC411.com

Changing menus help(again)

so ive had my f90bt for about a month now and just starting to "hack" it a little. now ive made copies and back-ups my "myflashdisk" like 5 times already. Im just trying to modify the "image.res" in the common folder of the adr. Can someone tell me..

1) the size of the pics, have to be the same size as the original?, im using a serif photoplus software to modify the picture. file have to be .bmp format right?

2) the settings for the 7zip soft. set to "ultra" from the thread about 8-9 down.lol

3) do i have to copy the whole myflashdisk and just modify it from there and compress everything?

4) when i compress the file back down itll be image.zip and all i do is erase the ".zip" and type in ".Res" right?

im pretty sure its all in the compression of the file. so if someone can give me a step by step on how to compress and extract file thatll be great.

the problem that im having is itll start my splash screen and gets stuck. doesnt do anything. ive gone back and forth from the .bak and have put everything back to normal fine.

can someone help me out please. thanks

1) the size of the pics, have to be the same size as the original?, im using a serif photoplus software to modify the picture. file have to be .bmp format right?

2) the settings for the 7zip soft. set to "ultra" from the thread about 8-9 down.lol

3) do i have to copy the whole myflashdisk and just modify it from there and compress everything?

4) when i compress the file back down itll be image.zip and all i do is erase the ".zip" and type in ".Res" right?

im pretty sure its all in the compression of the file. so if someone can give me a step by step on how to compress and extract file thatll be great.

the problem that im having is itll start my splash screen and gets stuck. doesnt do anything. ive gone back and forth from the .bak and have put everything back to normal fine.

can someone help me out please. thanks

1)yes, yes

2)the settings does not matter, but i use ultra as it makes the alot smaller

3)just modify what you need,

4)yes

zipping the image folder is kinda tricky as you have zip the image folder instead of just zipping it contents

So one out of four I'm doing everything right lol. Problem is how do I make sure my icons gets back to the same size, 112? And when I extract it, do I extra it within, into a file etc? Same thing when compress. Normally I just compress it into a new folder and change the .zip to .Reg.

So one out of four I'm doing everything right lol. Problem is how do I make sure my icons gets back to the same size, 112? And when I extract it, do I extra it within, into a file etc? Same thing when compress. Normally I just compress it into a new folder and change the .zip to .Reg.

what i would suggest is using the exact same icon and just modifying it, also, does the software your using support channels, if so then you also have to modify the channels, if not, find a software that supports it like photoshop

when extracing just right click the image.res and click extract with 7zip, then ok

when compressing you have to right click the image folder and click add to archive then ok

well i figure out how to keep the files the same size but now when i compress it, it gets bigger. im close but not there. anyone ideas? to compress it i just go back to "image" and select "add to archives..." then it turns into "image.zip" then i change it to "image.Res" which turns into 1766k.

well i figure out how to keep the files the same size but now when i compress it, it gets bigger. im close but not there. anyone ideas? to compress it i just go back to "image" and select "add to archives..." then it turns into "image.zip" then i change it to "image.Res" which turns into 1766k.

so what you mean when you say size is the space it's consuming not the dimension size, well if you modify your image.res then most probably it would be bigger, i thought we were on the same page,

So it doesn't matter if the whole zip file change but the .bmp does? Weird. Anyways when I unzip it, it goes image>image do I compress the first image or the second? I do appreciate all the help I'm getting and can get. All I want to do is change these 3 simple icons!lol. Such a pain.

So it doesn't matter if the whole zip file change but the .bmp does? Weird. Anyways when I unzip it, it goes image>image do I compress the first image or the second? I do appreciate all the help I'm getting and can get. All I want to do is change these 3 simple icons!lol. Such a pain.

i can't exactly remember which one should be compressed, try creating both and then try loading them and see which one works