AVIC411.com

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

Hi guys, new to the forum, my first post! So I just bought my f90bt and installed it in my 2009 dodge challenger. got it bypassed n that was it. no hacks or mod (other then bypass). everything was working fine, then today it happened. Drove the car for 15mins on the fwy and the system started to reboot. thought nothing of it. The unit turned right back on and everything was working fine again. then roughly 10mins later, it rebooted again. After the reboot, again, everything worked fine again. Drove all the way home for another 20mins without any problems(i was just button crunching on the unit trying to just fine a reason why it would reboot while i was driving and no problem). Now i am paranoid. any explanations? I am hoping a hard reset would do the trick? Thank you so much for taking your time to read this post. please help.

I had same problem. Solution was hard to find in my case.

My battery power on the red wire (ignition-cable), which turns the avic on and off drops sometimes under the limit, the avic responded to it with a sudden reboot. It takes sometimes 10-15 secs after I switched AC or another heavy load on, and the avic rebooted.

So I connected the red wire, which is normally connected to ignition diretcly to battery an I apllied a hardware switch to it, so I can switch my avic on/off even car is not running.

The problem with sudden reboots is gone now.