AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 turns off on restart

Ok so when i disconnected the battery to work on the engine and I reconnected it, it obviously reset the D3. But now when I turn the car off and then turn it back on the D3 displays off in the top corner and it will not let me press any buttons on the unit. When it does this i press the reset button and it works again no problem but if i shut it off and turn it on again it will do the same thing it did before. Has anyone had this problem? any suggestions?

so i got to play around with it a little bit more and it looks like the remote still works on it when the buttons go dead on the unit. As soon as i use the remote i can use the buttons on the unit as well... its like the unit has gone to sleep! If i have any more info on it I will post it up.

Any solution? I have this exact same problem after pulling my battery today. Haven't done any checking as to what may cause it yet since I am at work now.

Pulled battery, put it back in, drove car with radio. Shut car off, got back in later, cannot get it past "Off". No buttons work.

I just ran out and pulled the battery and rehooked it. Entered in the password and radio worked. Shut the ignition off and back on, stays in "Off". Buttons don't work, so yeah. I guess I will carry a pin around to hit the reset and see what happens over the weekend.

Kinda strange.

I just ran out and pulled the battery and rehooked it. Entered in the password and radio worked. Shut the ignition off and back on, stays in "Off". Buttons don't work, so yeah. I guess I will carry a pin around to hit the reset and see what happens over the weekend.

Kinda strange.

do you have the remote?

Yeah I have the remote, battery is just dead in it so I'll have to grab one for it tomorrow. Reset button did work the same way as pulling the battery. Kill the power though and on the next boot it's just unresponsive.

Removed my battery many times and never had this issue.

Kinda strange that ours happened to close together too, I've never and cannot find anyone else with this issue.