AVIC411.com

F900bt - no mods.

The system started rebooting out of nowhere. It now constantly loads the splash screen without ever going into the menu. I tried reloading the 2.0 firmware, but it's doing the exact same thing. I did not backup my IGo folder however... Does anyone have the virgin f900bt my flash disk files available for download somewhere? I'd really appreciate it (because the way I installed this HU - it is NOT coming out). Thanks in advance.

hey,, i just had this problem today also. it just loads the splash screen and when its suppose to show the menu it starts again. and on and on. ... well. i did some trial and error with cables and all and the problem was the ipod for some reason. do u have the ipod connected???

well this is what i did.. it started re booting out of the blue, then checked the remote wire. reset. hard reset. disconnected power plug. and nothing. . . then i disconnected the ipod and started up normal like if nothing happened. so once it started good i plugged in the ipod and about 10 sec. later it rebooted again. so i cleaned the terminals on the ipod and the avic f90bt ipod cable. reset the ipod (put hold on and off then pressing center and menu button for a couple of seconds) and connected it back to the HU. its been like that since the morning with no problems at all. hope this works for u. i kno i had a hard time with it

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have an IPOD so that couldn't be the cause. I've tried starting it up with no media connected, same issue.

I shipped the headunit to Pioneer's repair center last week. They called me yesterday saying the screen was cracked during shipping. And me being retarded, I did not get shipping insurance from USPS. So for what should have been a free repair, I now have to pay $200. Here's the email they sent before I shipped it out:

Dear Pioneer Customer:

Thank you for contacting us about the problem with your Pioneer unit.

The model number you have listed is currently factory repair only. We have listed below Pioneer's address.

Carefully package the product, prepay, insure, and address it to Pioneer Electronics. Be sure to include a copy of the purchase receipt if the unit is still under its one year product warranty. Be sure to also include a description of the problem you are experiencing.

Pioneer Electronics

Service Support Division

2161 Dividend Drive

Columbus OH 43228

ATTN NAVI REPAIR

The problem you report (repeated rebooting) can be caused by aftermarket modifications to the unit, including one which permits navigation programming without the parking brake engaged. While warranty repair will correct the rebooting issue, remodification of the repaired unit may cause the problem to recur.

Again, we thank you for contacting us about your Pioneer product, and we look forward to your continued business. If you have any questions, please reply via e-mail, or call (800) 421-1404, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM Pacific time.

Thank You,

Mark

Customer Service Representative