AVIC411.com

For those with Ipod audio issues....

Hi,

after struggling for almost a year with Ipod loosing either the right or left channel, distorted/low audio,

after buying cheap ipod ebay cables that did not support data transmission, I was almost to pull the plug on a new Apple cable, when I stumbled in this : http://www.frys.com/product/5621591.

Yep,believe it or not, it's the Pioneer CD-IU230V cable, for ...$4.90 (mine was $9.9 a few weeks ago though).

Fry's do not ship this cable so having Fry's close I swung by and picked one up, with absolutely no hope it would work.

Well, I installed it and it actually works! Finally I can listen to the Ipod through my F700 for more than just couple of songs! Before, the only way to make the Ipod work after losing either channel was to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.

Now the interesting things - and may just be a coincidence - on the new cable there is a little rubber sleeve with a label that says "V2" so not sure if a working cable should be "v2". The old cable did not have the "v2" label.

For those of you in Fry's proximity could be worth a try for 5 bucks (or even 10).

--stoca