AVIC411.com

Back up Camera installation problem!! HELP(UPDATED TROUBLE)

Please Help!!!!

I drive a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer and I have a Avic F-90Bt. I recently purchased a Boyo VTL 300 and have installed it with no success. This is what I have done , can some please tell me what my mistake is?

1.Installed Camera to the licenses plate and ran that wire all the way to my head unit.

2. I then connected the adapter and plugged that into the yellow plug which says rear back up camera.

3. I then grounded the black wire

4. The red wire i ran to the back tail light and hooked it up to the reverse taillight wire

5. I finally went to system settings and turned my back up Camera on and tried both options GND AND BATTERY.

When i go to rear view i get a black screen with a warning at the top which says the video may be in reverse.

Please HELP!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!!!! O Crap!!!!

Damn i was hooked up to the rear moniter output and not the rear camera plug!!!

HUGE PROBLEM -----I plug it into the right one and it now works but is stuck on the camera. When i put it in park or drive the screen goes black except for the -Caution images may be reversed. IS there anyway i screwd my unit by accidently hooking it up to the rear moniter plug. PLEASE HELP.

I tried restarting and reseting unit we no luck HELPPPPPPP!Drh2929

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I let it sit and now it works but when i start my car it goes to the black screen again with the caution but eventually lets me go to my map and etc.....To get my camera to come on I have to go click on rearview and then go into reverse. It doesnt do anything when i just put my car in reverse from the start. I thought you could view your trailer while you were in drive and park. My Screen goes to black in these gears when i go to rearview.

I could not figure out where the reverse wire was so i ran the connection all the way back to my taillight wire for reverse. Is this wrong?

Private message

^^^+1 the yellow plugs are the "AV 1 input" and the "rear video output", the brown is for the camera input,

did you make sure that the "reverse taillight wire" that you tapped into was a positive wire?

some new cars use a negitive trigger for the tail lights

the options for "GND AND BATTERY" depend on which type of wire your avic's reverse wire is hooked up to.

I doubt you can screw up the headunit by plugging into the wrong rca jack. And there's nothing wrong with tapping into a tail light wire--many camera manufacturers recommend it--just so long as it's in the reverse light and not a turn, brake, or marker wire.

You indicated that you wired the camera inputs to ground and your tap into the back up light. Since the camera works then your reverse wire input should be positive. If you go to the main menu, hit "settings" in the lower right hand corner, then "system settings", and then "back camera" you'll find 2 options. One to turn the camera on and off, and the other to select the type of input you've connected to as 1loudls instructed you to check. Make sure the camera is "on" and based on what you've told us turn the polarity to "battery" not "ground. It's possible that if it was set to ground it would make the headunit go to reverse whenever it's turned on because it will see a ground through the filament of the bulb--not 100 percent sure about that, but it could happen.

Whatever the case, when you shift into reverse the camera comes on so that's wired correctly. The headunit doesn't change to reverse view because it's not getting the command to, so start there if the above doesn't help. Make sure you DON'T remove the inline fuse from the violet/white wire--it's a resistor fuse and removing it WILL will cause internal damage to the HU. Also, you can't observe the back of the vehicle in park or drive by simply changing to reverse view because even though you turned the HU to reverse mode, you supplied no power to the camera by doing this (remember, you wired that into your reverse light so it only receives power when you're in reverse). To use this feature you need to wire your camera to a switched source of power. Search the troubleshooting forum it's been covered before.

Ok thanks alot.

If i just turn my car on and wait till it starts up..Then just go into reverse should my camera automatically come up B/c it doesn't. I have to go to rear view. So what your saying is that you can only have one or the other. By connecting the reverse wire then my camera will only work in reverse and by connecting it to a constant supply then i will not get the automatic camera turn on when i go into reverse. What worries me is that why my camera does not automatically come on when i just go into reverse?

Thanks for the help!!!

.... copied from my reply to your OTHER post...

Sounds like you connected the power lead for the backup camera to your reverse light wire.

The backup camera power lead should have been a little longer than the video cable that runs to the head unit.

The backup camera is supposed to get power from a switched power source in the car, just like the RED acc switched power for the stereo. Hence the wire that will run up to the dash, just like the signal cable. The camera needs to be powered on while the car is on.

The wire you connect to the reverse light wire is the violet/white lead in the avic harness.

When you put the car in reverse, the lead to the reverse light tells the AVIC, "Hey, I'm in reverse. Switch over to the backup camera view. "

If you connect the power lead for the camera to the reverse light, the camera will only be powered while you are in reverse. Without the violet/white lead from the AVIC hooked up to the reverse light, your AVIC has no way of knowing the car is in reverse.

Make sense?

Go back a re-read those install manuals.

Ok BOB I thought we had it :|:x Shit

Ok i hooked up my extra wire that was purple and white to the purple and white connection wire on the unit and then hooked that up to the red wire.

I get nothing. I tested all wires and they are good then i tested the purple wire that comes out directly from the unit.

THIS WIRE WAS GETTING NO JUICE EVEN IN REVERSE>---I hooked up the wires and turned on my Avic and put it in reverse and got nothing. I Then put it in the rearview mode and get no camera in all gears.

I Checked everything and dont know what else!!! Help Man

Let's simplify.

Purple/white wire from F90BT. Connect to back up light. This tells the F90BT to go into reverse mode.

Red wire from camera. Connect to switched power as Bob told you to. This will power up the camera whenever you turn on the car.

What happens?