AVIC411.com

AVIC-F500BT msn not connecting?

I have been trying to connect my F500bt without any luck. I cannot get the product key from the system, it gets frozen saying "Connecting to MSN Direct" I have done the firmware upgrade and docked the unit in the cradle. I just got off the phone with PIONEER and was told the unit was defective. I have read about many other people with this problem and others who have sent their unit back to PIONEER with the same issue only to have it returned saying there isn't a problem. I am getting very frustrated, could someone please help me out. - Thanks

Do you have the unit hardwired or just using the auto ac adapter? I had the same problem and found out that you must have it hardwired and the antenna connected. I do not want mine wired so I am doing without.

Correct....... the system knows the difference..... I played with it back and forth..

On DC adapter.... NO MSN KEY (actually no MSN all)...

On cradle power.... yep MSN info shows....

funny how we all say "AC" adapter, when in automobiles it is DC..... and thus "DC" Adapter..... funny