AVIC411.com

Avic f90BT and Boyo 300 Question

I Installed my boyo but i have some questions. When i put my car in reverse i don't get my camera to automatically came up. When I go to rear view I can not see a picture unless am in reverse. This makes no sense to me. The guy from Boyo said something about only being able to do one of the options ( automatic camera view when I go in reverse OR rear view when am in park or drive.) Like i explained earlier am not getting either or. Is this true?

I hooked my wire to my rear taillight reverse signal. Is this wrong?

Sounds like you connected the power lead for the backup camera to your reverse light wire.

The backup camera power lead should have been a little longer than the video cable that runs to the head unit.

The backup camera is supposed to get power from a switched power source in the car, just like the RED acc switched power for the stereo. Hence the wire that will run up to the dash, just like the signal cable. The camera needs to be powered on while the car is on.

The wire you connect to the reverse light wire is the violet/white lead in the avic harness.

When you put the car in reverse, the lead to the reverse light tells the AVIC, "Hey, I'm in reverse. Switch over to the backup camera view. "

If you connect the power lead for the camera to the reverse light, the camera will only be powered while you are in reverse. Without the violet/white lead from the AVIC hooked up to the reverse light, your AVIC has no way of knowing the car is in reverse.

Make sense?

Go back a re-read those install manuals.

Ok BOB I thought we had it :|:x Shit

Ok i hooked up my extra wire that was purple and white to the purple and white connection wire on the unit and then hooked that up to the red wire.

I get nothing. I tested all wires and they are good then i tested the purple wire that comes out directly from the unit.

THIS WIRE WAS GETTING NO JUICE EVEN IN REVERSE>---I hooked up the wires and turned on my Avic and put it in reverse and got nothing. I Then put it in the rearview mode and get no camera in all gears.

I Checked everything and dont know what else!!! Help Man