AVIC411.com

F series 3.0 update partially completed

I'm halfway there! I have the APL folder from the X-series 3.01 update up and running on my F700bt. To see how I got there look here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25487&p=173804#p173767

No luck on getting the APL2 folder (i.e. iGO 8.3) working. I'm pretty sure its a license file/map issue. The update for the X-series doesn't contain the folders and files for the maps or POI or license files. I think if we got a copy of the files from an actual X series we'd be set.

It appears from my limited testing that leaving the old APL2 (iGO 8.0) folder in place works with the newer WinCE and APL files.

Map and license files can be found on IGO forums. Then you need to make the ezrider sccept them, i don't know how to.

Yeah, I can find maps and a license file easily enough, its just a matter of getting EZRider to accept it. That's a bit beyond my skills, unfortunately.

Somebody had asked me if the radio preset up and down works now - unfortunately, it doesn't seem to. It just increments the channel # by .1 with my steering wheel controls, and up and down doesn't do anything on the main radio display.