AVIC411.com

D3 INFO: DEQ, XDV, USB, MINI DISC CAN BE CONNECTED!

I wanted to share this with anyone who has a Pioneer unit including the D3, N4, and N5. I connected the japan carrazeria 6 MD changer which works great. I connected the xdv-p6 and it works also. USB was connected also. The Axm-p8000 controller is also connected. What i first did was connect the P6 and USB to EXT 1 and EXT 2 ---recently added th P6 which the unit set up as EXT 2. I then added the MD changer so I had to use the AXM controller unit to control the P6 which is now operated thru the AV1. I will later add the DEQ-P8000 which I will write an update to this thread. I currently have the USB, P6, BT. 12 PREMIER CD CHANGER, SIRIUS, iPOD, AND MD CHANGER CONNECTED.

NOTES:

The p6 only has a few operations capable thru either the D3 (or any Pioneer unit) and the AXm. Don't bother calling Pioneer because they will insist that the P6's remote should have full control thru the D3--it doesn't.

Japan mini disc will work for those interested. I wanted this because I like mini discs and think they are perfect for the car envronment. Plus I have a Yamaha player/ recorder which is still brandnew and can't unload it so Ill put it to use.

Hope this helps, my only complaint is that they never added the software to control the USB or P6 which showed up on the N4 and N5. I like the F series and new x and Z series but I don't want to lose any $$$ upgrading. Plus the Nav software is screwy, works and then it doesnt.----luckily I hardly use it.

If anyone has questions just reply to this thread.

:D

Not familiar with the unit as a pro installed. Is there a USB powered slot in the unit that I could connect my iphone usb power source to? This would prevent me from having to connect to my cigarette lighter and result in a cleaner look.

THanks!