AVIC411.com

Strange problem with SD card-

Hey all,

So I picked my car up from the body shop today (hit and run 10k in damage).

When I got in the car and turned the key, my F90bt would turn on and Id see the splash screen then it would go to black and that was it.

I read some of the other threads on here and saw that possibly reinstalling 2.0 or installing 2.006 or whatever might do the trick.

I put the files onto my old SD card and tried to install. Every time I'd get to 20% I would get an error.

I went to a friends and tried putting the data onto one of his 4g memory cards and it would get to 92% every time and give the same copy error.

Now, my SD card is like a class 2, and his SD card is like a class 4. My thought process is that I need like a 6 or 8 to get it to work. Have any of you had this problem??

I'll be really upset if my system is dead for life! :(

OK now it gets even stranger.

I bought a 16g class 6 card and tried to do the update from that. Get to the same point as my 1g card 0- 20% and 35% of that particular file.

I bought an 8 gig class 6 card same thing

I bought a 4 gig class 6 card same thing!

Im trying to redownload the software.

Im lost! And I'm losing my mind!

Help???

OK its getting stranger.

So I went to a local store that had an f90bt on display. I made a backup copy off of it since it was 2.0 and unmolested.

My plan was to just recopy everything over to my flash drive in test mode.

How do I do this? It keeps telling me i dont have enough space. I also see in my flash drive thingy a TON of weird sub drives that I can not delete.

Is there a way to just format "my flash drive" and start fresh with the stuff I copied from the store????

OK I figured out the solution.

This device is so complicated to figure out sometimes.... I still have absolutely no idea what happened to cause all of this in the first place but I know how to fix it now...

I went into the storage utility in control panel. Then I dismounted the drive. Next I formatted the drive. THEN I added the partition Part00.

Now the My Flash Disk is empty of all the garbage.

I then copied over my copy of a stock unit's 2.0 software in whole.

Finally the unit works again!@

Then I installed the 2.006 software and all is perfect once again. I have lost all my mods but I'm honestly just happy to have the thing working again!

Hope that helps someone....