AVIC411.com

ND-G500 keeps the car stereo muted always (F500BT)

Hi all,

I bought an AVIC-F500BT and ND-G500 to add to my Mountaineer. I also bought a QCForC-1 ISO Harness to convert from the car's wiring harness to the ISO needed for the ND. Last night I went ahead and popped out the headunit and connected everything together just laying out on the seats/floor to make sure everything works before I hook it up for real and take out panels to run cables this weekend. I'm having a few problems:

1) Sound out of the GPS works fine, I can hear the 'pings' coming over the car's speakers as I press buttons . However the amp keeps the car stereo muted all the time (as opposed to just when the GPS is speaking). When I disconnect the blue 'amp control' cable from the amp, I can once again hear the car stereo. Does this mean that there is a short somewhere in that cable from Pioneer? I have AV set to off.

2) If I have the amp plugged in, there is a humming noise. It goes away if I disconnect the 5v line to the touchscreen, or if I touch the metal chassis of the amp. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Thanks,

Andrew

the most obvious thing to do is check and double check your wiring. Dont assume that your cars harness matches the Avics by pin arrangement or color. It must match by wire description. also ensure that all connections are solid. I once purchased the crimp coupling/sleeves; they were difficult for me to ensure a good connection. I use other types of connecters now. The red power and yellow power wires should be rechecked for correctness. The ground must be well connected to an actual ground or ground wire. We have had others assume a ground point (screw etc..) only to find it was not.

It really does sound like an installer issue...... recheck and be patient, you'll get it....

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I had to AV turned off. I took the truck up to a local mobil electronics store and they said that the install looks good from what they can tell. I actually have an open support ticket with Pioneer right now, so we'll see if they can figure out what the issue is.

Thanks,

Andrew