AVIC411.com

Renaming folders on Flash drive

Hi all,

I am new to the hacking side of things but am desperate to learn.I have got my unit into Testmode and now i want to replace the APL folder on the flash drive with the one i have DL from here.I am uncertain how to do the following.

How do i rename the original APL folder to APL.bak?Is there a "virtual keyboard to allow me to do this?

Also how do I copy the new APL folder from the SD to the flash drive?Is it just a case of copy and paste?Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist this newbie.....I feel so near yet so far!

To rename the file look at the very bottom right corner of your screen in testmode, there will be a small button there that when you click it will give you the option for the keyboard. You then simply click file, rename and change it to whatever. As far as copy over the new file you simply copy the file from the sd card and then paste it in whatever folder it belongs in. Since you want to replace the APL folder you would click My Device, then My Flash Disk, rename APL to APL.bk or whatever, Hit the back button, click on sd card and copy the new APL folder, Go back to My Flash Disk and paste. Make sure you have calibrated your screen and have your stylus with you. And Im sure your aware but you need to flash the new ce image if your putting the 3.01 APL folder. You will also need the hacked EZ Rider and license file if you are just updating the APL folder and not doing the entire 3.0 update. This has been discussed ALOT so your on your own for that.

Thanks very much for your reply.I have already updated the wince and that went ok.I do intend to update the ez rider at the ame time as i install the new APL folder.Nerve racking buisness as I am a virgin hacker........thanks again :)

haha I know how it is, I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I just did ALOT of reading up and as long as you use common sense and back everything up you should be good. Make sure you apply the new license file with the hacked easy rider. One question though why not just do the 3.0 update, its not much harder and then you would have the latest maps and firmware.

Miserable failure....Got to stating up...please wait.....and wait ......then rebooted.Managed to put original APL folder and EZ rider back in place so at least I've got it going again.Must admit my heart stopped when i reached the please wait .....

Think I will go the whole hog and try to install the full v3 flash drive.Don't think my nerves could stand any more tonight though.Thanks again for all your help and advice. :oops: