AVIC411.com

Problem after 3.0 install

Well the install went flawlessly, as did the update to 3.00101. Everything is working great except the maps/GPS. It seems to think I'm heading the wrong way. Luke I'm driving north but the red arrow is pointing south. It also tries to go down every side street I pass. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for the reply but that's not it. Any other ideas? I remember reading about this problem before but can't find the thread.

It might cause a problem if previously installed haced mod was not cleared when you update window ce ( I used format when I update CE).

First, Try update 3.01 official update from pioneer for X series see if it work.

If not, I suggest reinstall ce(CE update with Format) and my flash disk.

I also did the formatting option when I updated WinCE. Then I copied over the complete flash disc from the X-Series, then did the official update from Pioneers website. I know my hacks, which was only the software bypass, was not saved because I drove it and got the it's not hooked up correctly warning. I did just re-apply the software bypass and it has not effected anything.

And this is in 3D mode.

But I was wrong, it's not fixed. It's still acting up quite a bit. I'll be traveling 70+ on a highway and the arrow will all of a sudden turn and point me going sideways on the highway when there are no other roads around. It will also get very confused when passing side streets and going through intersections. I think I'm to try going to an open parking lot and driving in circles to see if that helps. I dunno what else to try.

Yeah, I was getting good reception from about 7 or 8 satellites. It said accuracy was "high." But the other night my unit just died. lol

It won't even turn on or boot to test mode. So to Pioneer it goes tomorrow. I just got off the phone with them and am sending it to Ohio. I honestly can't think of anything I did wrong but maybe I did. Hopefully I'll get it back within a month.

Yeah, I was getting good reception from about 7 or 8 satellites. It said accuracy was "high." But the other night my unit just died. lol

It won't even turn on or boot to test mode. So to Pioneer it goes tomorrow. I just got off the phone with them and am sending it to Ohio. I honestly can't think of anything I did wrong but maybe I did. Hopefully I'll get it back within a month.

wow wtf

I honestly don't think I did this. I was using it and it was playing my iPod then it just turned off and refused to turn on. Everything was working fine before this too. The only thing I can think of is it was extremely hot, like unusually hot, in my car that day. Maybe I overheated it?