AVIC411.com

NooBie with Question - Please be patient!!

Hi...new here,

I have done alot ot reading..looked through this forum a fair amount. I know I will be doing much more reading. Have a few questions I was hoping to get some answers to;

I bought a used AVIC Z2 that was upgraded to Z3. It has been modded with the 2 wire bypass. It has the Pioneer IPod interface, Pioneer Sirius Radio, Pioneer Bluetooth as well as the PAC steering wheel controller. I got the backup camera but have chose not to install it just yet.

I installed it in a 2003 Honda Pilot c/w new wiring harness adapter and Metra dash kit. The only thing that has not yet been done is the VSS is not hooked and neither is the one wire to the steering wheel controller. Actually the white wire from the PAC is connected to the blue/white wire on the Cruise control module..where the VSS wire should be...don't ask why...it was me.

The AVIC seems to work well. I did reset it a couple times after I hooked up and disconnected and then hooked up stuff again as I installed it. There are a few things that I was wondering;

1. Not knowing much about blue tooth, I know my cell phone will see the Pioneer Bluetooth but it is asking for an access code or password. Is there a default one or am I going to have to call the guy I bought it from?

2. The AVIC seems to reboot itself quite a bit. I drove it to lunch today and it rebooted about 3 times in an hour. Could this be because the VSS is not hooked up right?

3. From reading on here it looks like the Bluetooth and Sirius addons may cause the odd problem. I am not really needing the Bluetooth so much but I can't live without the Sirius. Am I going to reduce headaches by disconnecting the Bluetooth for now or will it really matter?

4. On my old garmin GPS, when I drove the roads I was heading towards came from the top of the screen. On the AVIC the roads come from the bottom. Is this normal or is this somehow reversable?

Appreciate any experienced comments back.

Thanks!