AVIC411.com

Pioneer F500BT and ND-G500

hey guys,

I need the Pioneer guru's to chime in and help me out!!!

I got the following navigation and amplifier as linked:

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/10/2 ... index.html

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/3 ... index.html

What Im wondering is can I take out my cars current head unit and and use this in place of it as a head unit. I am a little confused as to whether this setup will work IN addition to a existing head unit or can it be used just by itself. I understand I wont have a cd player anymore obviously, but, that would be fine by me.

Simply put, with out any other head unit in the car will I be able to hook this setup to my cars speakers and be able to listen to music from connected audio sources (sd card, ipod).

Also in the future if I were to add a sub and an amp in the trunk would I be able to hook that up with this successfully?

Thanks so much.... this forum is awesome!

Hi pioneerfan86,

of course these two devices can be used standalone, but keep in mind that you also won't have a radio (FM/AM) anymore if you remove your head unit ! Perhaps you never listen to radio or have an external radio source ...

To wire an external amplifier to the NDG500 for a sub it should accept hi-level in. If not you would have to use an hi-level to rca converter as the NDG500 has no line/rca out iirc.

Hope that helps a bit...

oh dude... that is awesome help!!!!!!!! But i never thought about the radio, LOL.... i use the radio maybe once every 4 months... and thats for traffic reasons! So I dont think that will stop me from using this as my HU.

I think im all set to go then! thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an F500BT, an AVIC Z3, and two factory Nav systems...... in my opinion the F500BT needs a head unit.. I can only say that it does not substitute as a head unit very well based on using it for while now.... just not designed to replace the HU........ I'd try using it without the HU powered up for a few weeks before i removed it.......

hey, I even run my IPOD thru my head unit beacuse it just sounds better that what the avic produces...

I do really really like the F500BT....... when using it with a head unit...

oh....... and starting this week, turn on talk radio at least once a week..... LOL

oh dude... that is awesome help!!!!!!!! But i never thought about the radio, LOL.... i use the radio maybe once every 4 months... and thats for traffic reasons! So I dont think that will stop me from using this as my HU.

I think im all set to go then! thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!