AVIC411.com

Navigating from Contact List

Thanks avic411.com for answering so many questions already.

2 weeks ago, I put a DEH-P7000BT in my truch & loved it so much that I started looking at the AVIC series.

I bought a 700BT last week.

Couple of "Can I" or "How do I" questions:

1. I've imported my contact list from my iPhone. Is there any way to route to a contact's address? The manual only speaks to POIs and when I touch a contact in the Contacts page, it dials right away, without displaying address information. Does it only import phone numbers? Can you tansfer contacts to POIs comehow?

2. My DEH-P7000BT had the option to manually control my iPod... a great feature for those of us who like to rate our unrated songs while we listen (only when safely pulled over, of course). Does anyone know if this is possible with the F700BT? If not, a 3.5mm cable to the AUX2 input'll work.

Thanks in advance for any responses and forgive me if these topics have been covered, but searching the forums did not give any relevant results for either.

Jeff

Then there might be sumthing wrong with your search skills...

1. AVIC F700/900 imports only name and phone number, any other information is thrown away...

2. no idea, i don't own apple products. But you can connect your iPod with a special cable to the AVIC and then you can control many functions right from the AVIC.

The forum contains the detailed answers.

Then there might be sumthing wrong with your search skills...

1. AVIC F700/900 imports only name and phone number, any other information is thrown away...

2. no idea, i don't own apple products. But you can connect your iPod with a special cable to the AVIC and then you can control many functions right from the AVIC.

The forum contains the detailed answers.

You know it's people like you that keep most people out of Forums. He didn't ask how to search or if you own an apple product. Obviously from your comments you are biased against them. So next time why even bother with an answer if it doesn't contribute to help the OP answer his question. Then again, I don't know why I even bothered wasting my time on you.

no way to rate songs from the avic itself just from the ipod

as far as your awsome answer about ipods from the person that doesnt have one, all the controls you get from the special cable, are just for searching and playing music (or videos) from the ipod. it wont change any info on the ipod itself. (just in case you want to answer any other Ipod questions)