AVIC411.com

EU V3 F700BT and 7 digit UK Postcodes

Is anyone else running V3 (Igo 8.3 I think) having problem with UK postcode searching?

Previously I could type a 7 digit postcode into the city box and the unit would pretty much do the rest - didn't need to enter house number or anything. Now I add the postcode it's registered but then asks for more info like street name or house number. That's really frustrating when you are say visiting a hospital which doesn't have a house number. With some of the postcodes, even center of street is greyed out so the only option I have is to enter a random house number.

Is there a setting that I've not activated somewhere or is this just a feature of the new maps? Well it's a downgrade if it is because the previous maps had a full 7 digit postcode feature that didn't require any further data and was pretty accurate.

Any help out there to resolve?

• 1 month later...

Have you sorted out this issue yet ?

I am on the verge of buying a F710BT, but am holding back until I understand the Postcode search issue.

I haven't found anywhere with a 710 on display and wired up, but in Halford yesterday I played on the F900 they had, and it wouldn't let me enter more than the first 4 digits !

I am used to a portable TomTom, and the the Factory Ford System. Both of these have simple 7 character Postcode searching.

Not being able to do a postcode search would definitely be a downgrade in my opinion.

Before you changed maps, were you able to do a normal 7 character search?