AVIC411.com

f700 v f710 and iPhone

Hello everyone, and I'm very sorry if this issue has already been covered, but i have been reading for hours and not spotted the answer to my questions.

In the UK, the f700 is currently £150 cheaper than the new f710. The only spec difference that i can see affecting me, is that Pioneer sate on their site that the f710 is iphone compatable, and they omit this from the f700 spec. Having read loads on here, i have seen a few people saying they can use their iphones on the f700...but there have been some issues.

iphone 3G now has OS 3.0...does this effect using an iphone on the f700? Also, i am more interested in the bluetooth connection, rather than the music connection. But i would still like to be able to control the iphone's music via the f700.

I have also read information on here stating that the ipod cable from pioneer might cause problems due to firmware being out of date for the iphone, but that the official apple cable might be the best bet...is this the case for anyone?

I could get the f710 and not have all these questions, but with the f700 being so much cheaper these days, i hope you can understand why i'd want to see if i can save some money!

Thanks

The F700 will give you the warning about not "being designed for iphone" and suggest airplane mode, but you just say no and it works fine.

The F710 will not give the warning, but functions the same since they went the extra distance of having the ipod interface certified to let the iphone know it doesn't need to suggest Airplane Mode.

Thank you for the above replies.

Just to confirm. The f700 will enable me to operate the full functions of my ipod on the iphone? Change tracks, select artist etc? And the bluetooth connectivity also works well?

Will the phone pair every time i get into my car, and work with out having to plug in the lead?

Sorry for more questions, don't want to make the wrong decision getting the 700 and not 710. Cheers.

Just to confirm. The f700 will enable me to operate the full functions of my ipod on the iphone? Change tracks, select artist etc? And the bluetooth connectivity also works well?

Will the phone pair every time i get into my car, and work with out having to plug in the lead? .

The F700 and F710 will work the same with the iphone, the flaws will be close to the same.

My iphone pairs to my F700 every day multiple times, always, no "plugging in the lead" to make it pair, whatever that means, however keep in mind, you still need the iphone plugged in if you want to play any music off it, BT is ONLY for phone operations.

Thank you once again.

My very final question. Are you using an american f700 or european one? (I'm in the UK...which has little differences to the US version, like voice activation) And what operating version are you running, as i know the 3.0 firmware is an add on you have to pay for.

Many thanks.

My very final question. Are you using an american f700 or european one? (I'm in the UK...which has little differences to the US version, like voice activation) And what operating version are you running, as i know the 3.0 firmware is an add on you have to pay for.

Adam, I'm US, but you haven't really asked a question here.

Sorry, what operating version are you running on your f700? I wonder if this has an effect on the iphone working.

no, AVIC versions do not affect the way the iphone connects, and since 3.0 isn't released, you should assume 2.0 for people unless they state otherwise, but you don't state why OS version is important if no one is saying it matters.

Plenty of people on here are saying they have been using 3.0 on their f700 (when downloading the update from a torrent) you may have done the same, so i just wanted to make sure...as in time i would like to upgrade to the newer firmware too. Covering all bases, thats all.

Thanks.