AVIC411.com

N-S-E-W mods zip attached 8/2/09

The pictures attached are from a US 500BT unit with firmware version 2.0. I've built on Stanislovich's mod and added my on screen trip computer mod and seperate trip computer screen plus keepers quick launch mod with some additional functionality. Besides the zoom buttons I've also added tilt buttons as well several different POI search buttons for route and no route. I've also excluded the 4 MSN buttons that are not available with pre 3.0 units.

I'll be zipping this up over the weekend and posting it if there's enough interest.

Speed camera can be set by pushing the speed limit or speed limit near bmp. If a camera is on the screen and the speed limit needs to be changed it can be done from the navigate screen. There are two invisible buttons on the main navigate screen: one to access the trip computer when the on screen version with the boxes are set to off and the other invisible button is to active the quick launch buttons.

In case you missed it above, this is not for units with 3.0 or later.

Be sure to back up what you currently have before you install this. I assume no responsibility if your unit is inoperable while attempting to install of after it's been installed. By downloading and installing this you do so at your own risk.

You also agree that you are able to enter your unit via testmode and know how to transfer files. Questions regarding how to install the zip will be ignored. Please don't clutter the thread asking how to install. Newbies should read the FAQ thread, it's the first thread listed above.

Here's the zip. http://www.mediafire.com/?m1ldnizjytw

First off the basis of this zip is the one listed in the New Nav Mod thread. I believe I've installed all the updates Yuri made up to and including the zip posted on 7/24/09 viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24444

The mods I added are the on screen trip computer plus a seperate trip computer interface where three trips can be set up and tracked, keepers quick launch with additional shortcuts, primarily POI shorcuts in line with what's available in the POI screen. There's also tilt and rotate functionality.

On-Screen Trip Computer:

To reset trip - press the furthest left bmp titled TTL TRP TIME

To access the Trip Computer interface - press the bmp tltled MAX SPEED

To go back one trip - press MOVING TIME

To go forward one trip - press AVG DR SPEED

To pause the current trip - press TRIP DISTANCE

To resume current trip - press AVG SPEED

Quick Launch Buttons:

To view the buttons press the invisible button that's coded on the top blue bar towards the center of the bar. It's 350 pixels wide so you don't have to press precisely on the center.

Top Row of buttons from L to R are:

return home, find address, history, favorites

Second row from L to R are:

tilt down, tilt up, zoom in, zoom out, rotate right, rotate left

Third row of buttons from L to R are:

find POI by address, POI by point on map, point info which also list the co-ordinates as well as the immediate POI's,saved searched POI's, POI's around GPS, POI's along route, POI's near destination. The last three are coded to show only when a route is enabled.

There is also a sign that displays the current elevation. There's also an on/off button for it in the settings.

The on screen trip computer also can be switched on/off through the settings. If it's off and you want to view the trip computer interface, I've coded an invisible button where the MAX SPEED bmp would be. Just touch it and it'll take you to the TC. Which ever trip is showing in TC interface is the same one that's outputted to the blue boxes on the screen. I've explained above how to navigate between the trips, pause, resume and reset directly through the blue boxes.

There's a beautiful set of lips on the top bar to stop the navigate voice. Press it and there will be an X through it to indicate the voice navigation is off. Press again to enable the voice.

The button next to the lips is the kill route button. Press it and you'll receive a prompt asking if you're sure you want to delete.

The 2d/3d button , which is also a rotating compass will be virtually invisible a few seconds after entering the screen. Touch in that area to go between 2d and 3/d maps.

Plan mode button is to the left of the rotating compass, it will also go virtually invisible in a few seconds. Touch in that area to enter plan mode.

Track the route button is located next to the off button on the bottom right. Press in that area to start recording the route.

Speed Limit is broken into two bmp's. When the speed limit sign appears it's because tele-atlas had data for that protion of the road. If you extend past the prtion where the data was available, the unit will show a red round bmp with a black center and yellow text. The value there was carried over from the last availble data area you were in. It may or may not be correct.

To add a speed camera: Touch a point on the map where you want to add then touch the speed limit sign or the speed limit near sign. Doing so will bring you screen to add the camera.

If the unit is displaying a speed camera and the speed displayed is not correct, touch the point on the map of the camera then touch the blue speed limit sign to edit or delete the camera data.

A short cut to change the color scheme is in the trip computer interface. Touch the time dispaled to be brought to settings for color schemes.

A short cut to enter the map settings is also in the trip computer interface. Touch the date field to enter map settings. In map settings you can turn off just about everything almost have a full screen.

Turn restrictions will show whether in route or not. It will display directly to the right of the box that contains the gps speed.

One of the main reasons I installed the tilt buttons was that my unit would appear to be in 2d mode even though I was in 3d mode. This happened frequently and we thought it was because I was running on the original version. I updated to 2.0 and that didn't help. I've also modified the tilt settings values so I was able to choose both values the same. My tilt is set to 83 on both settings. That gives me about one inch of sky view. You may want to play with settings if your unit acts erratically when tilting.

I'd appreciate comments or just thanks. For all the takers out there, the dozen or so modders here really oput tons of time into the mods. There is no reason we need have to share. If you come up with a new discovery please share with us. It may be useful to others too.

post-24694-12872758046894_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872758047052_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872758047111_thumb.jpg

post-24694-1287275804717_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872758047222_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872758047383_thumb.jpg

post-24694-1287275804744_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872758047561_thumb.jpg

Will this only be for the f500?

AFAIK this should work on all US/Canada units prior to 3.0. The MSN shortcuts will only work if the unit has the hardware to support it and the MSN shortcuts will only work for the 500 if it's hardwired into car stereo. I bought the unit for portability plus the features, little did I know at the time that in order to have MSN you'd need to hard wire it. Suffice it to say, I don't use MSN but put the shortcuts for those that do. The code can always be commented out so they don't show at all, but I'll leave that to the user if I put it out there, there's little to no demand at the present time. I'm constanly tinkering around so I'm not wasting my time if there's not a demand for it. The previous zips I put out had about 200 downloads and only a handful of people commented on it.

Not sure if TMC works that's why I said US/Canada. If there's no TMC or MSN this should work worldwide providing the user knows how to transfer the data zip file.

Very nice screenshots. The trip computer was one of my favorite features...

Thanks. Are you running 3.0 now? Trip computer code may work in 3.0 too. They've shipped my 3.0 upgrade but I'll hold off installing for a bit as there seems to be many people wanting to revert back at the present time.

If the TC interface doesn't work, the code for the blue boxes may. That's where I started and was finally able to get the interface to take about six months later. Can't get the TC to hold the data after a shut down. With 500 I do okay as I normally never shut down. We can put ours into standby mode that prevents a complete shutdown.

looking good bro

Thanks IDT. When you getting your truck back?

just got it yesterday, i'm working on my mod right now, still don't know how to go though, so far what i did is just use the previous lay out and placed it on the 3.0, i will be going with two versions this time, one that looks like my previous one and another with a different layout

Thanks. Are you running 3.0 now? Trip computer code may work in 3.0 too. They've shipped my 3.0 upgrade but I'll hold off installing for a bit as there seems to be many people wanting to revert back at the present time.

If the TC interface doesn't work, the code for the blue boxes may.

Yup - running 3.0 now. I am just learning how to mod (done a few mods my self modifying .ui files and tracing things down).

I will spend a little time trying to see if I can bring it in. I feel confortable enough w/ a backup that trying that won't mess things up drastically.

Is it best to pull it off of the other post or should I wait for this next update?

Thanks,

Ben

If the TC interface doesn't work, the code for the blue boxes may.

Yup - running 3.0 now. I am just learning how to mod (done a few mods my self modifying .ui files and tracing things down).

I will spend a little time trying to see if I can bring it in. I feel confortable enough w/ a backup that trying that won't mess things up drastically.

Is it best to pull it off of the other post or should I wait for this next update?

Thanks,

Ben

Just posted the zip. I'm not so sure I'll update to 3.0. This does about everything but make coffee in the morning.

looking good bro

Thanks IDT. When you getting your truck back?

just got it yesterday, i'm working on my mod right now, still don't know how to go though, so far what i did is just use the previous lay out and placed it on the 3.0, i will be going with two versions this time, one that looks like my previous one and another with a different layout

Can't wait to see it. Keep up the good work!

Understand completely and thanks for the mods. I've enjoyed the trip computer and other mods from you guys and feel fine trying to do it myself for the 3.0.

Edit: Almost there. I was able to make the blue boxes show up and the time was moving (didn't go for the test drive since it's getting late to make sure anything besides stop time was updating). When I hit the max speed button though - I get an error. It's likely something I'm missing, but getting closer. The older trip computer files I had did not work (got a error - maybe it wasn't well formed enough for 3.0), but the ones you just provided was brought in no problem for 3.0.

I'll keep you guys updated though - will work on in more tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Ben

EDIT #2: after looking at the error I was getting - I didn't copy over some of the prev/next buttons for the trip computer. After work I will add those and post the information (likely on a new thread linking credit where it's due to NSEW and others.

EDIT #3: I was able to bring it into 3.0 --> will post info here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26206