AVIC411.com

SD card 3.0 update on F500 gone wrong

Hi,

I received my SD cards in the mail today and updated. I did not receive any errors unfortunately I am getting System startup in progress. Please wait...then nothing The ipod plays but is stuck on the VR updating (been an hour now) I can't get to any settings it beeps but that is it. I can boot into testmode using 2.3 but I am not sure what to do from there. This is my back up unit so I won't be touching the one in the car at this point. My test unit had the software bypass as well as icon changes but not much else. Any advice would be appreciated. I have 2.006 on an SD as well as an entire flash drive back up. I am an IT person so I am okay with copy, paste, etc.

Update: still not working but I have gone into the service menu. I selected WINCE upgrade w/format. Inserted a copy of the WINCE files from the upgrade SD2. After re-boot I get splash and hang. Put in the SD1 boot disk again and I am starting the upgrade process all over. Stay tuned.

Update #2 reinstall made the Please wait go away but I have to press the menu button to get the splash screen to go away. If I choose Navigation I get the map warning and then nothing...contacts indicates I have none and I get nothing for AV. I can get into system settings and the information says firmware 2.10000 and "No map update" when I boot in test mode I see that none of the IGO folder files have been changed they are all the original files so something in the update is not working. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Update #3 Don't ask me why but I decided to stick in SD card 2 and reboot. The update screen appeared and it said it was updating and took about 5 minutes. Did not ask for a password and now it all works. Very Very strange

Thanks for posting that walk-through.

I have the F700BT and am awaiting the upgrade because even though I feel comfortable moving files around on a computer, I'm seeing too many posts where people get stuck in an install procedure, plus it's 120 degrees in the car.

So that is wierd about the second time around but I will remember when I finally get my upgrade that that might happen.

Here was my situation:

I was on the 2nd part of the update when my car died and right before the screen turned off an error message was displayed. I restarted my car eventually and it began to finish the update. Around 79 % another error message popped up and i clicked retry and it eventually finished.

It stated that the update was complete and asked me if i wanted to retain my splash screen or use the new one. I clicked that i wanted to use keep the one i had. The option was highlighted and nother happened for a few minutes. I eventuall restarted my car and it booted up with my splash screen but it said system starting up...please wait. The ipod was playing and everything. It would not go away. I tried a few more times and same thing except i left it on one time and teh system rebooted itself.

I was panicing because i read so many threads about this problem and they had to send their unit in.

Finally i stumbled upon this one and i did what the OP said and inserted disc 2. A little over 5 minutes later updating (just as OP said) it rebooted and worked PERFECTLY. i was so thankful. Good thing for this forum!