AVIC411.com

Why is it that the sd card screen will freeze ?

I still baffled as to why the sd card screen while playing mp3's will freeze and can not get any response from on screen buttons and steering wheel controls? Even sometimes when random is on it will take like over a minute before another song comes on? I got rid of my sync in the ford and this does not work properly! Have the new 3.01 on, seemed to work better before adding mods. I put all the mods in the 3.01 folder then deleted my flashdisk then applied the new 3.0 and 3.01 on? :evil::?:

I have noticed this issue while playing certain songs and some videos. I have a 16G sandisk SD card full of songs and avi videos. Most videos play fine, but one video i noticed everytime it got it it would hang and be unresponsive until I ejected the SD card. When i re-inserted the card it wouldnt be recognized until i rebooted the unit. I also noticed there are some mp3 files that when it gets to them it will just hang and be unresponsive until I reboot. The annoying thing is when you reinsert it it goes back to the same song and hangs again. The problem persists until you delete the file off the card which you obviously cant do while your driving. Very Frustrating. I see alot of mods here for the Navigation but almost nothing for the player.

Edit: I also notice, when it boots up and I choose the SD card, sometimes it will freeze for a minute and then say "unplayable tracks skipped". So there seems to be some files it doesnt like, but it would be nice if it would list the files it skipped so I can remove them. I like this unit alot, but the player has some problems.

Before, it would take a long time to load everything before playing a single song. Now it only loads the first song fast, then loads everything else afterwards. Maybe the net time difference is the same, but it sure feels much much slower. Mainly because all the screens show, but it's frozen and you can't do anything but stare at the screen.

I might pop by Fry's today and grab a class 6 SD card to see if it improves performance.

Similar issues here after upgrading to r3. I'm still experimenting, but it seems linked to the physical SD media or number of files.

I was using an 8G (~1550 MP3s) in r2 with no issues, but the whole SD interface began to have issues immediately after upgrading r3.

SD Issues with r3:

- Touch screen intermittently goes completely non-responsive.

- Shows tag info from previous song, rather than current song.

- MP3s intermittently hang for seconds to minutes. Does not seem tied to MP3 file itself, as it does not hang again at same spot if I rewind the track.

- Sometimes hangs for long periods between tracks on random. Touchscreen not responsive when this happens.

I was able to resolve for the moment by downsizing my SD card to 2G. I'm going to continue experimenting to see if it is the 8G SD size, format, or the number of MP3 files causing the problem. I hope to get back to at least an 8G SD soon. A 2G SD bites.

I submitted a support ticket to Pioneer last week. Haven't heard squat from them.

Hope this info help you resolve your problem. Let me know if you find the silver bullet for this issue. It is very annoying.

I have been experimenting with this and it does seem for me to be certain songs that makes this unit get 'stuck on stupid'. When selecting a song the unit does not like, the song will play but the touchscreen will be unresponsive, sometimes for a minute or two sometimes longer. If you can get it to skip to the next track it will still show the previous song. All the symptons mentioned above. I have found turning the unit off and then on does not help It will still be this way when it boots back up. The only way to fix it is to reboot the unit with the reset button on the front of and let it boot up with the SD card ejected. then re-insert the SD card and everything is fine. What sucks is when you use the reset button you lose your Radio Pre-sets and your Audio settings.

I have been experimenting with this and it does seem for me to be certain songs that makes this unit get 'stuck on stupid'. When selecting a song the unit does not like, the song will play but the touchscreen will be unresponsive, sometimes for a minute or two sometimes longer. If you can get it to skip to the next track it will still show the previous song. All the symptons mentioned above. I have found turning the unit off and then on does not help It will still be this way when it boots back up. The only way to fix it is to reboot the unit with the reset button on the front of and let it boot up with the SD card ejected. then re-insert the SD card and everything is fine. What sucks is when you use the reset button you lose your Radio Pre-sets and your Audio settings.

I don't think you need to reset it. You just have to wait it out. Takes about 5 min for the system to flush the "bad" song out of the system. I'll often switch out of SD mode into radio until I feel the issue has resolved itself. The problem is definitely something to do with reading certain songs on the SD card. Hopefully, Pioneer will figure out what they broke.

When this happens to me though, i cant switch out of SD mode because the screen does not respond, If i eject the SD card though it goes through the cycle quickly of every button i pushed while it was frozen, if i just re-insert the card it goes right back to the 'broken' song from the beginning and starts all over again. If you reboot the unit it goes right back to that song. Ugh!

When this happens to me though, i cant switch out of SD mode because the screen does not respond, If i eject the SD card though it goes through the cycle quickly of every button i pushed while it was frozen, if i just re-insert the card it goes right back to the 'broken' song from the beginning and starts all over again. If you reboot the unit it goes right back to that song. Ugh!

The hard buttons should still work. At least they still work for me. :|

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't been having this problem much at all lately, once I learned which songs it doesnt like and removed them, SD works fine.

I had a 4gb card that was completely full. I was not going to sift through the whole list to figure out ones were incompatible.

Additionally, the load times on the iPod and the full integration (and compatibility in 3.0) are well worth the money.

Why didn't I do this sooner!??!