AVIC411.com

F500BT issue w/mod DATA.ZIP

I have the 3.0 firmware installed and I edited the DATA.ZIP for the software bypass. No matter how I re-zip the file with Z-ZIP or WINRAR I get a WINCE database error and System is restarting that won't go away. I only made the one change. The only difference in the file seems to be the file size compression. The original file is about 5.57 MB and the new file is about 3.34 MB.

Any ideas?

I have the 3.0 firmware installed and I edited the DATA.ZIP for the software bypass. No matter how I re-zip the file with Z-ZIP or WINRAR I get a WINCE database error and System is restarting that won't go away. I only made the one change. The only difference in the file seems to be the file size compression. The original file is about 5.57 MB and the new file is about 3.34 MB.

Any ideas?

try using 7zip

Out of couriosity, where you able to use the (IDT?) mod before you did the bypass on your f500bt?

Any ideas?

use 7zip, but do not unzip: just open the archive, and edit in place. After saving the edited file, 7zip will ask you if you want to update the zip with the saved version.

for now, you will need to get your backed up DATA.ZIP, and start working from that one.

Weo