AVIC411.com

GPS Antenna w/ Green & Grey Connectors

Hi,

I'm upgrading from my AVIC-Z3 to the new AVIC-Z110BT and I have a GPS antenna question. I currently have my AVIC-Z3 intalled with its GPS anetanna - the Grey Connector and I know the F Series and the new Z110bt has the Green Connector for the GPS Antenna.

I don't want to have to re-install the GPS antenna because its in a foreign car and its a huge pain and will take me at least an hour.

Now, i'm installed some F700 and F900 for friends and since I had the green connector antanna, I got to see them. I also have a spare Pioneer GPS Antenna with the grey connecor. Now here's what i've done so far, I've removed the connector from plug/socket on both the GREEN and Grey antanna connectors. The acutal metal connector fits and seats 100% properly when I swap the connectors in the green and grey sockets. The metal connector is pretty much universal and it slides perfectly into the green or grey sockets.

Now what I have not tried is does the grey "old style gps antenna" work on the new AVIC units if I swap the connector part. Or is a GPS a GPS anteanna - they're all universal minus the connector type ????

The reason I ask is my Z110BT is not here yet but it will be next week, and it will take me 30 seconds to swap the antenna sockets vs me installing a who brand new antenna !!!!

Any help would be awesome !!!

Thank you, Steven

I