AVIC411.com

F900BT Firmware Update

Not sure if this has been a problem for anyone else or if this has been asnwered already. I just finished installing my F900BT and am trying to update the firmware on it. I went to the Pioneer website and was told if the version is 2.0 or lower that I should update. I downloaded the zip file and moved the two folders to and SD cards which I formatted to FAT32. I put my SD card into the system, start it up, and it starts up. The instructions say that the update is supposed to start automatically but it dosent. Any suggestions?

HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED:

To determine if the new firmware update has already been installed on an AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-F700BT and AVIC-F7010BT, please power on the system and do the following:

1. Press the "Menu" button; then touch the "Settings" tab;

2. Touch the "System Settings" tab; then touch the "Service Information" tab;

3. The "Map version" number and the "Version" number are both displayed -- please look at the "Version" number, which is displayed on the lower line; and

4. If the "Version" number is "2.000000" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new firmware update. If the "Version" number is "2.006000" or a later/larger number, the system has already been updated with the new firmware.>

Sounds like you didn't unzip the files before moving them to the sd card.

Downloading the Two Firmware Updates & Transferring them to

an SD Card

Step 1

1-1. Download the system firmware update Zipfile onto your computer by clicking here. The

location where you save the downloaded Zipfile should be accessible and easily remembered.

1-2. After you have downloaded the Zipfile, locate it on your computer and double click to

decompress it.*

Once the Zipfile is decompressed, locate and open the folder named "F-Series Firmware

Update".

Once the folder "F-Series Firmware Update" has been opened, locate within it the subfolders

named "LPUE080" and "TTS".

*If you do not have a decompression utility on your computer, you can download WinZip

at http://www.winzip.com.

1-3. Transfer the "LPUE080" folder and "TTS" folder onto the top layer (folder) of your SD

card. **

**You must use a SD card that is 512MB or larger and formatted with a FAT16 or FAT32

file system.

I