AVIC411.com

F500BT Reboot issue - not the usual reboot issue

This unit was replaced because my original stopped working, and I have not modded this one at all (still get the parking brake error because I have not even done that simple data.zip mod). However, recently it has started to spontaneosly reboot on me, often when I am selecting a route to a POI, or just at random times while driving, as if the rear reset button was pressed. It has been updated to the Official 2.006 firmware. The reboots started before I updated to 2.006, and I was actually hoping that the 2.006 update might resolve the issue, but it has not. So I'm looking for a clean backup.

Yesterday, for example, I was trying to route to a POI, and I could search for the POI and select it, but every time it brought up the screen where you press "route" to actually create the route, the unit would reboot and I would have to start all over. I finally removed it from the cradle and routed to the POI on battery power without a GPS lock, and it worked (or I pressed the buttons fast enough).

Hoping to resolve this issue with a clean software install, however I never made a backup since I never planned to mod this one.

Ideas? Anywhere I can get a full clean F500BT backup? I found the FTP site someone is hosting with the F90, F700 and F900 images, are any of those flashdisk images compatible with the F500?

Thanks!

I also have an FTP site available to post (and then share) the flashdisk image for whoever is kind enough to send it over. I would prefer a stock, unmodified image, but any image that seems to be working OK will do just fine for now.

Thanks, PM me for FTP address.