AVIC411.com

Help with transferring contacts from my Blackberry

Hi, I just joined your board - great spot for many of the questions I have had.

I just had an F-90BT put into my Lexus ES and really would like to add contacts to the system (I like using bluetooth and voice recognition) but I have too many contacts (over 5,000!) in my Blackberry curve.

Is there a way to just add a 100 or so? I would even be happy with just 25-50 (Seems my blackberry wants to try and send everything which I understand it cannot do since only 400 can be added.)

If not, can I add them manually to my system?

Thank you very much for any help.

I simply created a separate category in Outlook called "Bluetooth". I then associated 20-30 contacts to it, synched my Blackberry, then went into the Bluetooth settings in the phone and told it to only transfer the "Bluetooth" category. Bingo - worked perfect. The only problem I know have is that it seems once you put contacts in the AVIC, the system will not fully delete them. Real pain - I think it is a bug. I have tried over and over again deleting them in the system phone settings, which says it works, only when I upload my new contact list, I can still see old ones I told it to delete previously. I even tried creating a completely new category but still no dice. If anyone has any ideas on how to completely wipe the contacts from the system, please let me know. Much appreciated.