AVIC411.com

Install Vantec AVOX Jukebox AVX-100TX (CARPUTER)

Sorry buddy, no I didnt forget LOL The wife decided we were going to take a 255 mile drive to Vermont for the weekend.

Ok, I just realized I missed your second post! LOL Yes the MG-35 can be used in your car as well. Unfortunately I never actually hooked one up, so I am not too familiar with the necessary car adapter, and Infrared Remote extender that may be needed for it.

The Vantec AVOX is the exact same product as the MG-25, both made by AITech, just packaged differently. The Avox is also ALOT smaller than the drive you said you already have. The Avox comes with the A/V cables needed to hook it up to the D2, and also comes with a USB cord and a home AC power adapter, and remote control.

I have the AVOX situated inside of my glovebox, with the A/V cables running from the glovebox behind the dash to my unit. As far as power goes for the unit inside the car, a car adapter wire is made for it, but unfortunately has not been imported for sale in the US/Canada yet and AITech/Vantec have no idea when it will be. To get around this, I found an Acura forum online that has a HUGE discussion on this unit (ironically I dont own an Acura, but a Ford Explorer LOL). Someone found out that the Sony Playstation Portable PSP Car adapter works perfectly on this unit. BUT it has to be the original Sony OEM adapter, not one of the cheap aftermarket ones. The original Sony adapter will take the 12v current and step it down to exactly what the AVOX needs to run, 5V @ 2A. I havent had the chance to actually cut the tip of the plug off that goes into the cigarette lighter and hardwire it to an accessory line, so I simply have the cord running out of the back of the glove box behind the dash to a cigarette lighter power port located on the side of my lower dash on the passenger's side. Here is a link to the Sony OEM PSP car adapter:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 1c3grabb3r

Next, since this thing unfortunately cannot be controlled by the D2 itself, you need to use the remote control to control it. Since the AVOX is hidden inside of the glovebox, I found one of the few working Infrared Remote Extenders that work with this unit. I have the wire plugged into the AVOX, and the wire runs behind the dash and the IR extender comes out of the dash right by the climate controls in my truck, which is pretty low on the center console underneath my radio. Here is a link to the IR Remote Extender:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/defaul ... -rmt-extir

Unfortunately I don't have any pics to show yet, but I will, hopefully by this weekend. But for now, here is the link to the HUGE thread on the Acura forum I was talking about. (JasonH, if this is wrong to post another forum's link, please delete. I apologize up front):

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthre ... ge=1&pp=25