AVIC411.com

R3 Operational Issues

Installed r3 on an f90bt. So far, I have noticed a few issues that I don't like.

1. Spastic volume control. First, it ignores the steering wheel volume inputs that worked fine under r2. If that were it, I wouldn't mind so much. If I ever make the mistake of trying to use on of the buttons (vol+, vol-, or mute), from that point on the stereo randomly increases and decreases volume constantly until the unit is powered down. The stereo volume knob still works fine, but the volume won't stay where it is adjusted. I can temporarily adjust the volume back to where I want it, but the stereo continues to randomly increase and decrease the volume afterwards - sometimes to painfully loud levels. Lovely.

2. SD MP3 issues. Lots of SD issues. Sometimes it only shows MP3 details from the previous song, not the song actually playing. The display stays one song behind until I hit the menu button. Then I can see it flash the current song info right as it leaves the MP3 screen. Second, it occasionally hangs at the end of a song. It won't advance, won't rewind, won't anything. Nothing but silence and no response. Changing the audio source (or turning it off) will break it loose. Finally, the entire touch screen seems to go non-responsive on the SD screen at times. None of the touch buttons respond. The songs will continue to play and advance, but the user has no means to change the song that is playing. The screen sometimes become responsive after the song changes, but other times it stays disabled for a long time. My record so far is 33 minutes with no song control. Then, suddenly it works again.

3. Nav to SD. The SD button in the bottom right randomly decides to not respond to key presses. The only way I've found to restore it is to leave and re-enter the nav screen.

4. No street names in 3d. At the normal 3d aspect view, there are no street names. I can get them to show up if I manually zoom in really close, but only then. If I leave smart zoom on, it always zooms out to the point that street names disappear. I've seen a few other complaints about this, but thought I would mention it anyway.

LOL, r2 doesn't seem so bad anymore...