AVIC411.com

NAV Database

After several months of lurking around, I've decided to devote some money to upgrading head units again. Thinking of the Z1 for all it usefull features besides navigation. But on that note...anyone here have any info on using the nav here in HI? I've read that Pioneer navs are the only ones that feature a nav database for here. Used to have a Pioneer DVD in-dash installed and hooked to the factory DVD system...was sweet!

Also, I own a 2005 Pathfinder with the BOSE system. BTW, one of the best factory systems I've heard. But...I want more. Anyone had any luck replacing speakers and leaving them to run on the BOSE amp? I'll try and think about replacing the rest of the audio stuff after the $2500 Z1 update.

Thanks

Pull out the speaker, throw a meter on it and check the resistance. If the resistance is less than 4 ohms replacing the speakers and retaining the bose amp will sound like complete garbage. If they're 4 ohms then replacing the speakers won't sound too bad. Your best option as far as sound quality goes would be to get rid of the bose system completely. then replace the speakers and drop in a 4 channel amp.

how's that saying go? No highs, no lows, it must be Bose!