AVIC411.com

i've installed a CD/DVD lense cleaner (couldn't even read that) as well as restarted the system by taking off the battery.

the problem started when i installed a CD and it was "recording it" as i was listening to it and all of a sudden said it couldnt play it. then from there, none of my dvd's or cd's were able to read.

any suggestions on what i can do or how i can fix this problem?

does this mean i have to send it into pioneer? is there a cheaper cost alternative to fixing this dvd/cd reading issue? it seems like a fellow z3 owner has the same issue...

i think someone mentioned a new dvd/cd reader/drive is around $250???

if i sold the unit (Z3) as is, with the cd/dvd unreadeable, how much do you think a fair price would be?

• 4 weeks later...
on ebay, there is a service that says they repair unreadable disks problems...

it's a little over $100... what do you guys think? worth it to fix the z1 or should i sell it as is for $400? :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-Z1-AVI ... 286.c0.m14

I am in the same situation as you are. I tried lens cleaner and still couldn't get it to read any types of disk.

Have you tried the service offered from ebay? Having to send the whole unit seems to be a big hassle but it might be the only option. Please, post any information you have.

thanks

• 2 months later...

I've had this guy repair my Z1 DVD drive - he's local for me; Ironically, I didn't realize until afterwards - we went to high school together years ago! Kindof a cool coincidence I guess...

I'm completely satisfied with his repairs - he actually not only repaired the drive, but he runs a pretty extensive diagnostics or something on the head unit too - he identified a problem with the ground loop in my RCA jacks that I didn't even know about, and fixed that as well (for a reasonable additional fee of course).

I recommend his repairs; this guy is legit.

-skm