AVIC411.com

question about Mods and touch screen

I have a question that needs answering though I am pretty sure I know the answer. The touchscreen on my F7010BT has crapped out and will not respond to anything. Even when in testmode I get no response. Now here is my question: Could mods and the illegitimate 3.xx update screw up the touchscreen? I would think that the touchscreen would be a WinCE thing but I need to make sure. Thanks guys.

I have the official 3.0 - never did the illegitimate version. I do have several mods though and don't really have a problem but I haven't had the chance to use it fully yet.

After I modded the sys.txt to increase my arrow size, the first bootup included a nasty lag on the touch screen. I haven't seen it since and the mod is still there so I guess mine's not a problem.

Have you tried to re-calibrate the screen (access it by holding down the "menu" button), also try resetting your unit if that does not work, then recalibrate again. if that does not work then you are prolly screwed and will either hve to get a new radio or send that one off for repair

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems that that will not work as I can not hit the "OK" button to continue to the calibration screen. I will be calling the person I got the unit from to see where to go from here. Seems the unit is kaput.

• 4 weeks later...

So I sent the unit out for warranty repair and just got it back. They say there was no problem, or so I believe as they had "NTF calibrated touch panel anyway" as the only comments on the packing list they sent back. It worked for about 10 seconds and then it stopped working I am going to try to mimic the length of time the unit was off before they got it to see if that suddenly makes the unit work. Any ideas?