AVIC411.com

WARNING: Updating Wince from the Service menu (blue screen)

I'm getting a lot of requests for help from folks that are doing this and essentially bricking their units. If you are having issues this is absolutely last thing you need to do. Especially without knowing exactly what they are doing.

Updating the Wince image from here when you are having issues will not fix anything. It will just add to your problems and makes it much more difficult to troubleshoot. I've noticed that the winceing.bin and winceimg.cks have to be the same in the service menu and on the myflashdisk or it will cause various and random problems.

Doing this will not (in 99% of the cases) fix a reboot issue.

From what I've seen and heard, the more common issues for a constant reboot are:

Fast Reboot:

Corrupt files: GpsPara0.bin, GpsPara1.bin, GpsPara2.bin, GpsPara3.bin. These files can be safely deleted. The system will re-create them as needed.

Reboot every 3 to 5 minutes:

Missing or Corrupt Map files:

There are several places that you can download the maps from. I have a backup copy that can be downloaded on request. (I just need an email address due to the site I have them stored at)

Bad traffic / red light location updates.

backup camera being turned on when not installed