AVIC411.com

Volume behavior during navigation instructions?

I guess this is the best place to put this, since I'm open to the AVIC units as well as other systems...

I'm looking to buy a new in-dash nav system, but am having trouble finding info on the behavior of the various models. I've had two cars before with built-in nav, one of them (Mercedes CLK500), the volume of any audio source that you're listening to completely cuts out whenever a new turn is given. This is incredibly annoying when it gives 3 updates for each upcoming turn (in 1/2 mile, in 500 ft, next left, etc.). The other car (Infiniti G35) I believe would allow you to adjust the volume for audio source and turn instructions individually, and then would just lower the audio volume a bit during instructions, but not cut it out completely. I'd prefer even more if a unit would also have the option to not change the volume at all during directions as one possible setting (as if I were using an on-dash model, for example).

At this point I'm really just trying to figure out how the different models work. Do all Pioneers work the same? All Kenwoods? If it helps, my top two choices at this point are probably the Pioneer AVIC-F90BT and the Kenwood DNX6140.