AVIC411.com

Upgraded to 3.0. I have a few Q's.

Hey guys. I admit that I have not been on the forums much. My 700 was just humming along fine for the most part.

So if any of these have been asked, sorry. I did do a few fast searches but here it goes anyway.

I had a few hacks on it with 2.x. I purchased the 3.x update from pioneer. I backed up my 2.x files first. I upgraded and everything seemed just fine.

However now I am getting that "Parking break wire is not installed correctly..." error.

If I ignore this will it cause any problems? I pulled the radio and that, moved, mute wire is still grounded as far as I can tell. I pushed that mute wire I moved in as far as I could.

So if I ignore it will it brick my unit after some time or is there a software solution I can apply with 3.x?

Also is it just me or is the 3D useless now? I used to be able to set the 3D to be almost eye level and now the best I can do is almost the same as the 2D map.

I was also wondering what other new cool 3.x series hack were avail?

I HAVE to get ride of those annoying volume beeps. W(hy)TF would a company allow this with no option to turn it off???

Not one person at Pioneer thought that MAY get annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

Are people hacking the 3 series yet? I "briefly" looked around the Hacks/Mods: F-Series forums but the line between 2.x and 3.x is very blurry. I am simply unsure what is for what off hand. IS that 3.0 of your mod for 2.0 or is this for the new 3.0 OS etc...

I will spend some time and look more and I am sure I will figure out what is what. I am just bogged down with work etc.... So a few links would be appreciated... :)

However now I am getting that "Parking break wire is not installed correctly..." error.

If I ignore this will it cause any problems? I pulled the radio and that, moved, mute wire is still grounded as far as I can tell. I pushed that mute wire I moved in as far as I could.

moved mute wire AND parking brake lead need to be grounded for the hardware bypass, and it works for the official update as far as I've heard.

Both wires are grounded and have been. I really made sure that everything was connected up.

I am unsure why it is yelling unless I did both soft and hard hacks in the past and the hardware was never working.

I guess I need the software bypass hack for 3 then...

Is the software bypass the same as 2.x???

I guess the pin I moved just is not being detected in hardware.... I am worried that the unit will brick or something if I don't fix it.

I hardly ever had problems detecting the ipod under 2.x. Under 3.x it is not seeing it hardly at all now... What a PITA :)

Also is it just me or is the 3D useless now? I used to be able to set the 3D to be almost eye level and now the best I can do is almost the same as the 2D map.

I was also wondering what other new cool 3.x series hack were avail?

I HAVE to get ride of those annoying volume beeps. W(hy)TF would a company allow this with no option to turn it off???

Not one person at Pioneer thought that MAY get annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

3D is pretty much useless now. In order to get street names, you must zoom in so far that the 3D view is pretty much useless. I guess that all of their attention was on providing the 2D direction-up feature.

You can turn off the volume beeps in 3.0, but you must turn off all button sounds to do it. Look around your nav settings and you'll find it.

I took the 700 out yet again. All connections are correct. I pulled that mute pin again, triple checked it, I still get the error. Nothing else can be done..

I need a software solution.

So 3.x software bypass? I searched and am not seeing anything directly related to 3.x. maybe I missed it.

I also tried to boot off the old boot SD card to do an after 3.x upgrade backup. It won't boot now.

So how do I get into the system, now? Please do not tell me that 3.x filled the hole that allowed us to do that.

I took the 700 out yet again. All connections are correct. I pulled that mute pin again, triple checked it, I still get the error. Nothing else can be done..

I need a software solution.

I can't attest to the details of the software bypass, but I can assure you that if the hardware bypass is done, and done correctly, it does work, my F700BT that I upgraded this weekend will confirm it, mute wire moved, and grounded with the PB lead from the AVIC.

I am not disputing you or anyone else. All I am saying is the hard wire bypass is not working for ME.

I pulled this damn thing 10 times now and the only thing it could be is that pin, when moved, somehow is not reaching all the way in. That is very possible but it is in as far as I can get it and everything look good. I have done things like this before. But it is a small connector so it might just be missing the pin.

I do not have a spare pin/wire to try it with off hand so I need a software bypass option.

I will look around and see if I can pull a new wire/pin from something else but having the software option would be great.

Does anyone know if the error will not bother anything long term? I mean after x amount of times ignoring it, will it freeze the unit or anything like that?