AVIC411.com

back up cam, no power past resistor in wire

Frustrated...

Installed avicf700bt, no prob..except backup camera does not work

Heres what i have done so far...hooked camera into av2 source, and get great picture, so camera is OK, so plug back into back up camera connector

Checked voltage in violet-white wire to reverse light...good on far side of resistor in wire, no current on other side of resistor..(is there supposed to be)..do I have a bad wire? don't want to just bypass resistor, seems like a bad idea from the manual. Am I missing something? SHould I replace resistor, if so with what?

thanks

I discovered I have to actually turn on input for back up cam in head unit...did and it works fine. But still don't understand why no power past 'fuse', even tho everything works as it should

I did my install 2 days ago, and yes the reverse wire has a fuse on it, a saw a split in the fuse holder so it should be accessable, and replace able from Rad Shak, but I never poped mine out. its a fuse, but i did check the voltage on mine, and it was there.

So some reasons why you didnt' see voltage on it:

1. the fuse may still be blown, i read somewhere that the voltage on the REV wire only changes the picture size of the backup cam.

2. the ignition was not on, and the car was not in REV (make sure the backup lights come on!)

3. You had a bad ground connection to the other meter lead.

4. You didnt have the meter set on DC volts.

To test the fuse for GOODNESS...hahaha (continuity) set your meter to OHMS, you should see 0.0 ohms