AVIC411.com

I have an F900BT that I ordered the 3.0 software from Pioneer for. I got impatient and put on the X910BT software that was posted to this site. Since then I have been having problems with my unit. I want to upgrade to the Pioneer software, but I know I need to revert to 2.006. How do I proceed?

Hi

I will post my experience with just such a process, as I also could not wait and loaded the X version prior to receiving the Official version.

"Disclaimer" I am not saying this is the preferred method an am sure others will commit on my method but it worked just fine and I am up and running on the Official version now.

I first searched this forum and found others in same situation or similar and noted that I needed a backup copy of which I did not do before upgrading the first time and located a user that was kind enough to allow me to download his backed up version ( another gsxr 1k).

After I downloaded his backup I copied it and all subdirectories to a SD card (was a little over 1gb) I had a 2nd SD card that I had the testmode software on already, but if you do not have it just do a search here and you will find it.

Booted unit with testmode SD in and system came up in Windows CE, using file manager I went into the directory of My Flash Disk and deleted all files and then placed in the 2nd SD with the backup files and copied all files/directories under My Flash Disk.

Took SD card out and turned off and back on my unit, which at this time it just went to Splash screen and stayed there :(

Then for the heck of it I placed in the #1 SD card of update and reset unit, booted off the SD card and deleted files and copied files (basic upgrade) but again when I power cycled unit it booted back to Splash screen and stayed there not to Top Menu like it was supposed to per instructions. :cry:

Again I just inserted 2nd SD into unit and power cycled unit again, then booted off of SD and showed device number and went online and got my pass-code.

After I entered the pass-code it went through entire install without any issues.

Only complaint I really have was that on 2.06 my microphone and VR was great even driving with the top down, but since the X version of 3.0 and even now with the official version loaded the VR is crap and can not even use it to search for a song or dial a phone number.

Hope this helps a little.