AVIC411.com

Not sure if bypass was done right?

I have a F900BT with 2.0 installed. The installer said he did the bypass for me. Whenever i watch a video, it will be visual during the speeds of 1-10mph. However, after about 10 (maybe 12) mph, the video cuts out but the audio still plays. Whenever i come to a redlight, the video will resume. The fact that the video comes on at all without the e-brake engaged makes me think he did it right and that the unit itself has a gyroscope and senses speed in which determines if video is played. I have read on these forums that you guys have hacked it and set some setting to a certain speed (i think one guy did 160mph). Is this file what is causing the video to cut out at certain speeds? If so, how do i change the file data. I read something about using Windows CE but I do not have access to this. I live in houston, tx if anyone is local and available to help me.

You could try to edit the parking break speed value and see if that helps. Here's how to do it:

1. download testmode here: http://www.mediafire.com/?knjwmzujycx

2. Decompress that file and put the "testmode" folder onto a freshly formatted SD card.

3. Put the SD card into your AVIC and wait for WinCE to boot.

4. When it does boot, click the start menu, programs, windows explorer, and open up "My Flash Disk"

5. Select all the files here and copy them to your SD card.

6. Then save all those original files onto your computer as a backup. (make sure you ALWAYS have a backup incase anything goes wrong)

7. Then on your computer open up those files and navigate to APL2 >> iGo >> DATA.zip >> project_config >> pioneer.ini

8. Open it with notepad and scroll down until you see "parking_break_speed=16.0"

9. Replace the 16.0 with 256.0

10. Save the file (in a different location than the original so you always have the original to go back to), and put the new "DATA.zip" folder onto your SD card with the testmode folder that you downloaded.

11. Put the SD card back into the AVIC to boot up WinCE, and navigate to APL2 >> iGo, and paste the new data.zip folder.

12. Turn off your car, pull out the SD card and turn the car back on and see if that fixed it.

Good Luck!