AVIC411.com

Hey yall. Last October I had a F90BT installed in my truck by the folks at "CarToys". I've been having problems with it, and CarToys has not been helpful at all, because I chose not to pay extra for their bogus in-house "protection plan"... with the "Pioneer Premier" 2-year warranty, I assumed I'd be OK.

First problem is with the Bluetooth. For the first few months, it worked fine. Then it stopped working entirely. The blue "Bluetooth" light on the unit blinks for a few moments when I start my truck, but then stops. I've tried turning on/off the Bluetooth feature several times through the menu, trying to re-sych the phone, trying to link up other phones, etc, to no avail. I think the Bluetooth unit inside the F90BT is dead.

Second problem is with SD cards and USB flash drives. The unit recognizes and read my old 512 MB and newer 2 GB SanDisk SD cards, but wont read 4 GB or bigger cards. Am I to assume that it is an incompatability issue with SD vs. SDHC? Also, the unit will recognize and read my old 1 GB SanDisk flash drive, but not my new 16 GB PNY flash drive. Any ideas as to why?

I fear that my only recourse is to yank the unit out of my truck and send it off to Pioneer, as I'm pretty clueless in regard to automotive electrical and wiring stuff. CarToys wont even remove it for me, without charging me labor fees... it really bugs me that a retailer wont stand behind their products. I'm not asking them to replace it, but merely to help me send it back to the manufacturer.