AVIC411.com

Solved - shrink the sign post+remove fade on adjoining sign

I've been running Gurjon's zip and was playing with sign post files. I was able to get them off the right side so they don't cover the compass and other bmps as well as decrease the height so it doesn't cove half the screen.

I modified the laneinfo signpost ini from the standard 3.0 data zip for someone to try out and report how it works.I can't test it since I'm running gurjon's zip and I don't use the emulator.

Edit: See IDT's message below for how to shrink the signs for Avic type zips. Changes I made to the Gurjon zip to shrink them will be posted hopefully before the weekend.

post-24694-1287275882105_thumb.jpg

sign post ini.zip

Didnt seem to work on the stock 3.0 skin for me with IDT and a few of my simple mods. The signs are still large.

I wonder what else Pioneer has that keeps them so large. Hmm...

The change in the gurjon skid was pretty straight forward. Gurjon does have alot more codes for sign posts though. There are four ini files in the gurjon skin differing road arrows on the signs.

I'm going to change the thread title for now so as not to give anyone false hopes.

Didnt seem to work on the stock 3.0 skin for me with IDT and a few of my simple mods. The signs are still large.

I wonder what else Pioneer has that keeps them so large. Hmm...

The change in the gurjon skid was pretty straight forward. Gurjon does have alot more codes for sign posts though. There are four ini files in the gurjon skin differing road arrows on the signs.

I'm going to change the thread title for now so as not to give anyone false hopes.

i was playing with the files for the signpost (changing the colors) a while back and was only able to change one of the colors but it did not look good, i even changed the signpost.csv for the colors but didn't have any luck with it

i found it

adding the code below to the script for the signpost will control the size of it depending on how you set it

zoom=850

this is in your navigatemap_800_480.ui

please see this link http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26243&start=585#p186040

Nice job.

I'll see if in the next few days if I can put together the fours files I changed in gurjon's zip to shrink them. Pretty soon those who'd rather have the smaller signs can do it regardless of which zip they're running.

its working!

how to make sign posts see trough?

Are you talking about the darker signs that show sometimes or are all the signs without any transparency?

If you look at mine above they all have transparency, the signs that are darker have arrows that "X"ed out but still have transparency.

its working!

Are you talking about the darker signs that show sometimes or are all the signs without any transparency?

If you look at mine above they all have transparency, the signs that are darker have arrows that "X"ed out but still have transparency.

yep I meant signs with transparency, how to make them?

its working!

yep I meant signs with transparency, how to make them?

They were already transparent in the gurjon skin. I'm not any good with graphics so I can't help with that part, sorry.

Still tweaking the sign posts. Since there is lane direction in the sign posts it seemed silly to have a sign that shows which lane to stay and another sign darkened or faded. What I did was modify the laneinfo_signpost.ini files in the gurjon zip and commented out this line: signpost_fade="$signpost_template_fade.bmp"

Here's the result.

Hey IDT - not sure if want to add this or offer it as an option in your future zips.

post-24694-12872758882876_thumb.jpg