AVIC411.com

Help with US F500BT in Europe, please

Hi, I have a US F500BT and updated it to FW3 as per posts in this forum and iGo 8.3x maps, I have full 7-digit postcodes running and am therefore a reasonably happy camper.

I would just like to complete the transformation a bit more in as much that I would like to get a Euro Cradle for TMC and dump the MSN feature, and get TTS and Euro voices working.

Here is where I need some help:

How can I get TMC working with the correct cradle and aerial? What do I need to do hacking wise? anyone had any success with this? I was told somewhere that I might need to wipe the unit completely and replace everything with EU software... any way around this? Alternatively are the required files posted somewhere? Please assume I know nothing and explain or help in detail, I would be ever so grateful.

How do I get all the Euro voices to work? And how do I get TTS to do a UK English voice?

I have all the Euro voices from the iGo maps, but they don't show up in the preferences when running the unit.

What do I do? I saw the note about changing the US designation to Euro designation in the sys.txt file, surely that's not enough, is it?

All help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Tim