AVIC411.com

3.0 Layers Question...Bring layer to top most?

I am in the process of bringing over some of the gurjon template functionality since I really liked pieces of it.

Right now I am working on this display:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26699&start=120#p185583

One of the issues I am having is that when activated, it isn't being brought all the way to the top. So certain buttons/boxes are on top. Is there a way to force the entire layer to the top?

The ones that are over it are specifically the route boxes.

If there isn't a way to bring it to the top, what specifies what is on top of what layer?

Thanks,

Ben

(almost ported it over. It shows the pieces of information but am working on the speedo icon working (shows speed but dial doesn't move)

I am in the process of bringing over some of the gurjon template functionality since I really liked pieces of it.

Right now I am working on this display:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 20#p185583

One of the issues I am having is that when activated, it isn't being brought all the way to the top. So certain buttons/boxes are on top. Is there a way to force the entire layer to the top?

The ones that are over it are specifically the route boxes.

If there isn't a way to bring it to the top, what specifies what is on top of what layer?

Thanks,

Ben

(almost ported it over. It shows the pieces of information but am working on the speedo icon working (shows speed but dial doesn't move)

You're a brave one Ben. That's a big undertaking tackling the trip stuff in Gurjon's skin. It all intertwined in one way or another. I think the screen shot is part of the map cruise section. It's its own layer so nothing should be overlapping.

Show a shot of what you got working so far. Kudos to you to even get a part of it up.

haha, I sometimes border the line between brave and stupid (my words, not yours...)

Here is a screenshot so far. I know I still need to do the turn indicator on top as well. All the sections have values, but it's very early in the stages. I was hoping to do both screens that are shown (the other one also w/ the digital readout in the center...)

I was considering pulling it out into it's own ui file. Right now it's a layer on top of the navigation 800_400 ui file, juast as Gurjon does it...I am also renaming a lot of the images that I re-use since they conflict w/ the originals, but the data.zip is still relatively small...

Thanks,

Ben

post-33552-12872758874738_thumb.jpg

Here is a screenshot so far.

Anybody know how to bring it all to the front. I plan for people to be able to add their own background to this as well...and post the changes once I feel comfortable in them/the steps/etc...

Going to fix a few of the fields so they show up right too...

Thanks,

Ben

post-33552-12872758876591_thumb.jpg

Disregard this thread.

I decided to do this a different way (by creating a new state object that defined what layers were included, rather than just using the navigate 800_400 ui layer).

That way you can easy switch between navigation, trip computer, and this "destination dial..." screen (not quite sure what to call it..)

Thanks,

Ben

EDIT: due to the amazing responses on this thread, here is a screenshot of it using the state in separate UI files. Then you are able to go back to the previous state/etc regardless on if it's the trip computer/navigation/etc...

post-33552-12872758878138_thumb.jpg