AVIC411.com

Checklist of things to make sure work after install...

Hi all,

I have found a shop in Los Angeles that has been approved by my car dealersship (Volkwagon-Touareg). So, I am having them install a Z1 in my SUV.

Since I am a newbie to the whole world of the AVIC-Z1and I am having the BlueTooth, Ipod and Sirius options done, I am curious to what I need to check out before I drive off the installers lot.

And, this is a REAL newbie question: Who sets up the Sirius subscription? Me? The shop that does the install??? Is there a serial number or something else that I need to know?

Thank you so much for a checklsit and answering all of my newbie questions.

Steve

PS: I have a Sprint PPC-6700 phone and it appears to be fully functional with BlueTooth and the Z1, yes?

There is a Radio ID # for the Sirius user that you would use to call Sirius up or go online and activate the satellite service with. I am not sure for Sirius, but with XM, the Radio ID # is on the box, and you can also view it on the AVIC's screen by going to Channel 0.

Sirius is pretty much the same. there's a barcode on the back of the package. the line of letters and numbers next to SID is the radio id number that you'll needd to activate it. As far as seeing what works, the shop SHOULD give you a demo of the features of the unit when you go pick up the car. Are they bypassing the avic for you or no?

YEs, it also lets you change the nav destination while driving. Plus some other things which I will leave for the search button.

So here's what I would check then.

Make sure it plays dvds.

Set a destination and turn the demo mode on. Make sure the voice prompts come up.

Go into the connection status screen and make sure there isn't an NOK next to anything.

while still in that screen drive the truck around a little make sure the speed pulse number goes up and down as the trucks speed changes.

then comes the basics.

do you get radio reception.

Do cds play and record properly.

again Any reputable shop will be more than willing to help you out with a demo on the operation of your new toy.

• 1 month later...
I have found a shop in Los Angeles that has been approved by my car dealersship (Volkwagon-Touareg). So, I am having them install a Z1 in my SUV.

Have you installed the Z1? If so, how was the process with the installer? Are you satisfied? If so, Do you mind sharing that info with us? I'd like to take my car in asap.

thanks,

-m

Yes, very happy with their work and the level of customer service is fantastic.

The installer really knew his "stuff" and he also fabricated from scratch a faceplate for my Touareg.

The name of the shop is Distinctive and they are located in Woodland Hills, CA (in the west end of the SFV).

If you need more info, PM me or shoot me an email to LOcal399@aol.com

Steve

The name of the shop is Distinctive and they are located in Woodland Hills, CA (in the west end of the SFV).

Kewl! Thanks Steve!

I did a search online and came up with:

Distinctive Car Improvement

5334 Alhama Dr

Woodland Hills, CA 91364

I'm assuming this is the place.

Thanks a lot!

-m

-----

Kewl! Thanks Steve!

I did a search online and came up with:

Distinctive Car Improvement

5334 Alhama Dr

Woodland Hills, CA 91364

I'm assuming this is the place.

Thanks a lot!

-m

-----

Thats the place. Ask for "Carlos the Installer". He is the guy who know's his "stuff".

Good luck!

Steve

PS: Tell him that Steve with the white VW Touareg sent you...