AVIC411.com

*Fixed* Ipod Connection Failed message F900BT

I've been using a 120Gb Classic with my Aussie F900BT for a few months now for audio and video. Worked fine, then today I was listening to an Audiobook okay (ipod was in the glove box) and parked the car in the garage. 2 hours later I start the car again (ipod still in the glove box untouched) and the message "Ipod connection failed. Please reconnect" and now the ipod won't connect at all. What I don't understand is the fact that it was working fine and I haven't touched a thing, I didn't even open the glove box.

I've tried unplugging the USB and reconnecting, unplugging the ipod and reconnecting, resetting the F900BT, and i've connected the ipod to my pc and itunes and it's working fine. The ipod is charging when connected to the car but the ipod doesn't come up with the connected to pioneer screen. The only thing I can think of is that a connection on the back of the unit has come loose and if that's the problem I will have to get it checked out by the installer.

Please can someone help. I've searched the forums and the only threads with this problem seem to be 2008 and with no solution posted that I can see.

Update **Fixed the problem**

I tried a reset of the ipod (menu and the middle button) and that seems to have fixed the problem. Amazingly it also seems to have fixed a problem I have been experiencing with the audiobooks not showing under audiobooks on the F900BT. A bonus!

• 6 years later...

Sorry if this is too old to bump, but haven't found any similar threads.

I have an AVIC BT 900 and use it with an iPhone 4 (just use this for music, sits plugged in all the time).

All worked fine until a few weeks ago and then I started getting the "iPod connection failed. Please reconnect" message everytime I started up.

Tried the reset method as described and it initially worked when I tried it last night, but this morning I got the message again.

Nothing has changed - the iPhone firmware was upated to iOS 9 a while back, but worked fine subsequently.

Anyone else with any similar issues?