AVIC411.com

I hooked up the avic f700bt in one of my cars and i used a regular apple ipod cable and it showing the artists and etc But no sound. DO you HAVE to use the Pioneer cable for the ipod? Sorry if this has been answered many times.

Yes. You need to use the Pioneer cable, or the equivalent Apple or 3rd party cable with the AV connections in addition to USB. You ALSO need to set the AV1 input to iPod.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem with the 2nd gen ipod touch with the f700bt. I have the pioneer ipod cable with rca on one end and an ipod and usb hookup on the other. Problem is that when I plug the ipod touch into the ipod connector nothing happens at all. The ipod does not even register there is anything plugged in. Any thoughts?

I am having a problem with the 2nd gen ipod touch with the f700bt. I have the pioneer ipod cable with rca on one end and an ipod and usb hookup on the other. Problem is that when I plug the ipod touch into the ipod connector nothing happens at all. The ipod does not even register there is anything plugged in. Any thoughts?

Are you sure you're hooking ALL the connectors up correctly?

Dock connector to ipod,

USB connector from ipod to AVIC USB

RCA connector from ipod to AVIC RCA Inputs?