AVIC411.com

installed f90bt on my BMW X5...some questions

I had f90bt, HD radio, PAC-swi and boyo back up camera installed by an experienced auto electronics shop recommended by BMW dealership. I have noticed following issues after the install. I am not sure if these issues are due to poor installation or due to imperfect technology that i will have to live with. here we go:

- back up camera screen disappears when i have reverse engaged intermittently

- not able to change the call sound volume throught steering wheel controls. i can change the volume of the radio.

following issue seem related to incorrect installation:

- check "back up light " warning in the dash

i noticed that gps doesnt have TTS....it does not give street names. i was surprised to see that... even $100 gps' have tts now.

thanks in anticipation

I had the same issue with my back up cam when I had my F series. Never was able to determine the cause. I do however know it had nothing to do with the installation. Just another bug with the F series i guess.

You cant change volume for the phone from the steering controls. This is a design flaw.

The backup light problem is likely related to the install.

And last the F series does have TTS. Its in the language settings.

there is a complete list of what to do to back up your files in the stickies at the top of the mods page

i would say that the problem with the "check back up lights" would be with where they tapped the reverse wire in to one of your wires for the back up lights, and may somthing to do with the screen cutting off, they may have tapped into it poorly OR they may need to just put a diod in line to eliminate any back feeding.

thanks...i did find it in wiki...it was pretty straighforward.

installer is a nice person...he said he will take a look.

there is a complete list of what to do to back up your files in the stickies at the top of the mods page

i would say that the problem with the "check back up lights" would be with where they tapped the reverse wire in to one of your wires for the back up lights, and may somthing to do with the screen cutting off, they may have tapped into it poorly OR they may need to just put a diod in line to eliminate any back feeding.