AVIC411.com

Iphone 3GS with F710bt... what cable and where to get it?

Hi,

I ordered an iphone 3Gs and it should be here in a few days, however I can't find the cables that came with tthe F700bt and can not remember if there were any for the iphone...

Anyone know where I can order new cables... unless they are hardwired into the back of it... can't remember. I checked on Pioneers site and only found ipod cables.

Cheers

Hi,

I ordered an iphone 3Gs and it should be here in a few days, however I can't find the cables that came with tthe F700bt and can not remember if there were any for the iphone...

Anyone know where I can order new cables... unless they are hardwired into the back of it... can't remember. I checked on Pioneers site and only found ipod cables.

Cheers

i think the cable you need is the same one used for the ipod

Im just about to have the same thing with a new iphone an my F900. I nearly ordered the Pioneer CD IU230V but then i noticed the itouch ( which i also have ) apparently doesn't allow video out on the CD IU230V ?

Is this true and is it the same for the iphone, or is the apple cable the same / better?

I would prefer the pioneer one as again the black would match the interior of my vw caravelle, however it migh not be noticed becuase it's going thorugh a Brodit pass through mount.

Sorry to hijack but i think its still relevant? :)

See here> http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25 ... specs.html

Actually a fair amount of folks don't like the Pioneer cable....

I wonder why? I have two, and they work just fine. Plus, the black color goes better with my interior than that goofy white color that Apple likes to use for everything.

I didn't take you for a person fixated on color coordination! :D

The complaints on the Pioneer cable have been about build quality, particularly around the dock connector being cheap according to some folks. I have a JVC version of the same cable, and it works great.

As far as the iphone, my 3G feeds video to the AVIC just fine.

The RCA cables on the Pioneer cable are definitely sturdier than the thin, flimsy wires on the Apple cable, but I like the slimmer dock connector plug on the Apple, plus the fact that it doesn't have the release buttons or the dust cap that just dangles around all the time. The Apple cable also comes with a USB charger, which is nice.