AVIC411.com

Saving images.

I'm starting with the image superman did for his red theme.

I take that, select the "button" part. Create new layer and add carbon fiber style to the button bit. New layer on top of that to make the button a little darker. Flatten image and save as 24bit bmp. Tried a couple other variations with the layers aswell but it turns out like this no matter what i do.

These are jpg because you cant upload bmp images.

post-28697-12872759349349_thumb.jpg

post-28697-12872759349833_thumb.jpg

I'm starting with the image superman did for his red theme.

[attachment=1]746_32K_MN-111_32b.jpg[/attachment]

I take that, select the "button" part. Create new layer and add carbon fiber style to the button bit. New layer on top of that to make the button a little darker. Flatten image and save as 24bit bmp. Tried a couple other variations with the layers aswell but it turns out like this no matter what i do.

[attachment=0]IMG_0001_1.jpg[/attachment]

These are jpg because you cant upload bmp images.

by the looks of it it has an alpha layer, try deleting the alpha layer and see what happens,

Well the black part surrounding the button is alpha so itll show only the button. But the button itself and the carbon fiber layer arent alpha. Thats why i dont understand whats going wrong.

check if the button part of the alpha layer is white, if not change it to white to make it look solid, the areas you want to be transparent should be the only part in the alpha layer that has black or shade of black

Dont know if Im understanding you right but are you saying anything black in the image will show up transparent/alpha?

yes, any shade of black will also show transparent depending on it's intensity, so anything you want transparent should be pure black and anything you want to show up should be white

That would explain it then because carbon fiber is basically a black and grey pattern. So the black part of the pattern isnt showing.

So Since theres no way of getting around that(carbon fiber pattern), is it going to even be possible?

i don't think you got it bro, if your main layer is the carbon fiber pattern it would show up as long as the alpha layer of it is white, send me the bmp and i'll fix it and then you could take a look at it