AVIC411.com

Guidance Voice DANGEROUSLY Loud During SD Playback

For whatever stupid reason, when I'm listening to music on an SD card, Samantha's voice is obnoxiously and dangerously loud. I have to go into settings and lower/raise either the voice volume or the master navi volume every time I switch back and forth between Sirius and SD. It's driving me nuts. What's the reason for this nonsense? I have invested a lot of time and money into installing a very high end audio system, and her voice blaring like that (all clipped out and distorted as hell) is threatening to damage my speakers. Is there a file I need to edit in order to fix this? If so, can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

They basically broke SD playback with 3.0.

I just ended up getting an Ipod, which loads really fast and sounds much better.

No, they FIXED SD playback with 3.0. You missed the point of this thread. I'm complaining about the voice guidance volume, not the SD. There's nothing wrong with SD playback now. It actually plays through entire songs without jumping to the next track 5-7 seconds before the end.

So nobody knows what i need to do here?

With 3.0 when using SD or USB as a source the nav guidance will be at the same volume level as the source and can be controlled by the knob. This is clearly stated in the manual. Not saying it's a smart way to do things, just saying there's a reason for it...

Absurd! What you just said doesn't even make sense. Maybe I'm missing something, but what are you talking about? I control the volume of voice guidance through the navi system menu, not the knob. The knob controls the overall volume of ALL audio. So what are you trying to say?

With 3.0 when using SD or USB as a source the nav guidance will be at the same volume level as the source and can be controlled by the knob. This is clearly stated in the manual. Not saying it's a smart way to do things, just saying there's a reason for it...

Absurd! What you just said doesn't even make sense. Maybe I'm missing something, but what are you talking about? I control the volume of voice guidance through the navi system menu, not the knob. The knob controls the overall volume of ALL audio. So what are you trying to say?

I'm not sure if it was the same for you in 2.0, but it was the same on my system, the SD volume was always lower than the radio or sat and it appeared that CD was louder than SD.

Now why your is backwards I don't know.. This sounds more like a system issue if its actually louder. You are correct, they did fix the playback which is really good. On a side note, USB music is lower as well. It would be nice if others chimed in one way or the other maybe mine is broke for all I know..

FYI - I just checked and if I crank up the volume to make the SD or USB louder and the navigation is going the voice is a lot louder. This appears to be issue with how the volume is controlling the SD or USB. I dont' touch my master volume in settings once they are set. Looks like Pioneer issue to me or As Designed.

Gas Is Ex: I'm saying yes, you can control the volume with the sound settings but when sourcing from USB or SD (and only from those) you can expect nav guidance to be as loud as the source and also controllable from the knob. Or maybe I'm saying you should RTFM...

Whoah there. No need to get so excited. I still think you're missing the point of this thread and the issue at hand. The voice guidance is much louder than the SD source, not "as loud as." Also, why are you continuously mentioning that you can control the guidance voice volume level from the knob ? How is this any different when the source is Sirius or CD, etc.? Of COURSE the knob will control the volume. That's it's job in EVERY source. But it DOES NOT control the guidance voice independently, which is what you're making it sound like. What are you trying to say?