AVIC411.com

GPS antenna end- custom?

I have heard some talk about the end connector of the Pioneer GPS antenna. I've never seen one like it before. I think I can see how it's put together, has anybody replaced the end connector? How hard was it? Where did you get the piece?

The reason I'm asking is that I got a little GPS antenna at a flea market- it's a Trimble 40767-40, and I paid 2 dollars for it, still in the wrapper. It has a tiny coax screw-in connector. I was thinking I could put a Pioneer end on it and have a spare.

No, sir. The Sirius and XM antennas are not interchangeable, they respond to different frequencies. But the factory VW Sirius antenna should work with the Pioneer Sirius (not XM) reciever, but you will have to change the plastic part of the Fakra connector. Look inside the connector and see if the metal internal parts seem the same. You may even be able to just remove the plastic entirely if you can keep the connector from falling out. Now, the GPS antenna you found most likely will not work on your Pioneer, because they (the antennas) are usually gain- and load-matched to their receiver.